What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
installing aftermarket alarm ford mondeo - cheapskateandy
I am trying to install an aftermarket alarm, largely for the remote locking capability, into my 97 mondeo lx, (which only has infra-red).

I just can't work out which wires I have to connect the lock and unlock signal wires to. I have a Haynes but I can't work out which wires trigger the central locking and unlocking.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks,
installing aftermarket alarm ford mondeo - Carse
Hi,

The following link may help. Although it is referring to the installation of a factory fit alarm it does show some of the wiring linked to the IR sensors.

Additionally this site looks very useful so a search may give you the answers you want anyway.

www.mirez.co.uk/RCL.htm

Carse
installing aftermarket alarm ford mondeo - sierraman
I have done this on my Sierra,the principle should be the same.Trace the wires back from one of the door locks,it doesn't matter which one as whichever one is used will operate the rest.One wire will be common ,the others lock and unlock,you may have to find these by trial and error.Make temporary connections by sticking pins through the insulation and wrapping the stripped wire round,being careful not to cause short circuits.
installing aftermarket alarm ford mondeo - cheapskateandy
Thanks for the advice to Sierraman and Carse. That should be just the info I needed - I'll test it later when I get time.

I've got a feeling that I actually have a problem with the ford needing a negative pulse and the alarm supplying a positive, but I should be able to get around that with a relay. Or if I use two relays and a decent size capacitor, I could get it to double lock!

Cheers.
installing aftermarket alarm ford mondeo - jc2
It's a bit late now but Ford offer their own central locking,remotes and upgrade kits(to fit c/l,alarms,better alarms).