What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
02 plate mondeo pollen filter - focusman
hi can fellow back roomers tell me if the 02 plate mondeo still suffer from ford's bad design of filter cowl cover.
sister has just bought the mondeo and i promised to check if this was still the case, i had i quick look at the car in darkness and could feel a gap of about 5mm between the cover and the base of the windscreen.
thanks in advance
02 plate mondeo pollen filter - Collos25
You need to take the nearsided plastic trim off in front of the windscreen and you will see the pollen filter, it fits loosly over the inlet appeture no concern as far as leaks are concerned unlike the Focus.
02 plate mondeo pollen filter - AR-CoolC
The Mondeo scuttle covers do sit off the screen slightly, but the holder fr the pollen filter is of a different design to the Focus.

Remove the passenger side cover. 3 screws under covers on top, and 2 or 3 Torx screws under the bonnet (just watch the cover on the corner of the bonnet when removing it (you'll see a lot of Mondeos with strange scratches on the corners of the scuttle covers)

The filter sits in a housing that is sealed to the bulk head, but that seal can sometimes be damaged if someone has changed the filter in the past a bit kack handedly, so chech it is still thight against the bulk head.
02 plate mondeo pollen filter - focusman
thanks for the info. will check it out