CMAX Diesel Mayo - nozmeister
Friend of mine has a CMAX 2.0 diesel. When he pulled the oil filler cap off today he saw quite a bit of gunk underneath which he's pulled out.

It looks like "mayonnaise" and I know this could happen with short runs but although he does these he tells me that he has done a few longer (20-30 mile) trips lately and I thought this might have disappeared.

The car doesn't appear to be drinking coolant so is this just a combinatation of the short runs and the weather getting a bit cooler or is there something else(i.e. the vent has blocked on the oil filler cap?)

With the design of the oil filler on the car quite a way from the engine block maybe the water vapour cools too quickly rather than being expelled through the vent (I think) on the filler cap.

thanks in advance.

CMAX Diesel Mayo - piston power
id say your breather is probably blocked find the rubber pipe going to the rocker cover and remove see if it's full of the same stuff? 20-30 mls isnt really much to get rid of this worth buying a new rocker cover gasket clean out all the old mayo clean the breather and treat it to a oil & filter change!. good luck.