What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Goodyear - Christopher
Good morning all, what a lovely day to talk about tyres.
Have been trying to order some Eagle F1's GSD2 in recent times and climbing everest would be easier. Virtually every fitter I called for a quote over the past few days tells me most varieties of Goodyear are on back order and have been for some months. Are Goodyear having problems? Seems that the factory in South Africa is having problems...with what I do not know.
Anyone else having the same problems or anyone know whats going on?
Goodyear - tyrexpert
The F1 GSD2 has been replaced with the GSD3 some 2-3 years ago, except for a couple of obscure sizes. It is true that Goodyear have had some problems with their distribution centre in Birmingham over the last 2 months, but there are no massive backorders as far as I am aware. If you post the size you need I will check with Goodyear as to the actual position. Also if you post your area I will ask them to advise of a local stockist.

IIRC Goodyear/Dunlop tyres manufactured in South Africa are not used in the European market.
In fact Goodyear are currently in litigation with some importers who are bringing in non approved rubber......
Goodyear - henry k
IIRC Goodyear/Dunlop tyres manufactured in South Africa are not used in the European market.

>>
I have bought at least two sets of Goodyear, (Club ?) definitely made in SA , tyres in recent years.
They were used gently on a 1.8 Sierra and Club are listed on
www.etyres.co.uk/tyres-ratings-nhtsa/tyre-ratings-...m
I would be surprised if they were also made elsewhere.

IIRC I bought from a small chain close to Kingston Surrey.
Goodyear - Pete M
Both sets of Goodyear F1 GS D3s that I have used here in New Zealand were made in Australia.
Great tyres, very good grip, wet or dry, fairly quiet, but not particularly long-lasting.
Goodyear - Christopher
Many thanks for all your views. After much investigation I have managed to source a set in Manchester of all places, I am in Devon and they are beig fitted tomorrow.
GSD3's it will be next time.
Many thanks to all who replied.