What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford focus fan problem. Help please. - Fireman
Hi everyone :). My dad has a 2002 Ford focus 1.6 Ghia, and the fan is ALWAYS on. We are a bit worried about this but the Ford garage cant find anything wrong. Does anybody know what could be causing this problem?. Many thanks :)
Ford focus fan problem. Help please. - Dynamic Dave
Which fan?

The internal blower, or rad / aircon fan? It *could* be because you have the AC switched on.
Ford focus fan problem. Help please. - Fireman
Its the radiator fan and its on 90% of the time,
Ford focus fan problem. Help please. - Wales Forester
As DD says, the radiator fan runs when the air con is on, might be worth checking if you have air con.
Ford focus fan problem. Help please. - Adam {P}
That car should have aircon and the fan will cut in but not all the time. Turn the aircon off and turn the vent from the windscreen setting (on the facelift versions this puts the aircon on but not the air con light. See if the fan is on then.

I'm not sure it's going to be a serious problem if the fan is cutting in and out and not just stuck on.
Ford focus fan problem. Help please. - Cazza
I have just bought a 2002 Focus and have noticed the same problem with the fan on mine. I called the RAC to check on it for me but they couldnt find anything wrong. Are you any further in your enquiries about the fan on your dads car?

Carolyn
carolyngee40@msn.com
Ford focus fan problem. Help please. - TDCi Al
My Ford Focus (2003) the air con comes on when the air vent knob is located to the full windscreen position, even with the air-con switch off. In this position the fans will run (as the air con is on as a effect of air vent knob being in the full windscreen position).
Ford focus fan problem. Help please. - Adam {P}
That's a "feature" of all facelifted Focuses.
Ford focus fan problem. Help please. - cheddar
If it's like the Mondeo it the fans will run at low speed whenever the aircon is on and speed up if required by high demand for cool air or high engine temp. A resistor in the rad shroud controls the fans speed, if this fails and the aircon is on the fans cycle fast, off, fast, off, if there is a short in the resistor circuit the fans run at high speed constantly.

Not sure about Focus though.