What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fuel prices going down? - Manatee
I did a lot of miles last weekend and bought the cheapest Shell diesel I saw at 97.9p/l. Last night, filled up in Watford at 94.9p - u/l was 92.9p/l. I assume it had just gone down as it was 1p cheaper than actually posted.

Is this a Watford price war or a national trend? - either way, very welcome. If you're about to fill up today it might be worth a quick check on www.petrolprices.com
Fuel prices going down? - Stuartli
Liverpool Echo's front page lead story on Thursday was the erupting petrol price war between supermarkets with at least 3p a litre off - yesterday it was one of the main stories on TV news broadcasts.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Fuel prices going down? - Chad.R
I live in Bushey/Watford and have found that petrol prices here (IMO mainly due to the Waterfield's Tesco Extra store) have always been quite low compared to the national average. The prices at "main" petrol stations within a 2-3 mile radius seem to match the Tesco price exactly or by 1-2p per litre.

I do Watford - Inverness quite often and funnily enough the only place along the entire route that I've found which seems to always match the Watford Tesco price is the Shell "Old Inns" station on the Northbound A80 near Dullatur, Cumbernauld, 400 miles away.
Fuel prices going down? - Bromptonaut
Agree that the Watford area has unusually low prices. Observe the Tesco store daily from the train and it's Wes Yorks used to be cheap - always arranged to arrive on a low tank when parents lived up there.

Is there anywhere in the main conurbations where the price is over £1 a litre? - seems to be a pysychological barrier the main retailers are reluctant to cross for either petrol or diesel. The price differential between the two fuels has been erroded in the last few weeks, though possibly this is due to less demand for heating fuel easing the supply for those refinery fractions.
See:

tinyurl.com/qctc4

tinyurl.com/od7ta
Fuel prices going down? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Just saw U/L at 82.9 and Super and Diesel at 84.9 - Grantham. Local town filling stations still 99.9 p for U/L and diesel.
Fuel prices going down? - PhilW
Sainsbury's doing a 5p off a litre if you spend £50 in store - brought my diesel down to 91.6 a litre
--
Phil
Fuel prices going down? - Wales Forester
My local Esso is 96.9 for Unleaded and 95.9 for Diesel, it's a while since I've seen it that way around.
Fuel prices going down? - Doc
93.9 here in SE London at the moment.

>>Sainsbury's doing a 5p off a litre if you spend £50 in store>>

Tesco makes the same offer. However a) I don't spend that much at any one time there b) the maximum I could save, which would involve filling the tank from empty, would be £2.70 c) my son usually generously donates his 5p a litre off coupons...:-)
Just saw U/L at 82.9 and Super and Diesel at 84.9 >>

Are you absolutely sure?
Fuel prices going down? - Sprice
92.9 u/l and 94.9 diesel at Tesco Ebbw Vale, so yeah, its down...for now!
Fuel prices going down? - wotspur
concur with many on here about Watford, always being cheap - also a great cut through, northwards from M3/M4 area, if M25/M1 congested like the other week when a lorry containing oil crashed. Come off at Junc 19, A41 towards Watford at the roundabout 4 garages all well below national average, then easy connect back upto M1, without all the slowing down congestion.
Today Sat, SAINSBURY at Cobham A3, DIESEL AT 94.9, so with 5p off, back below the 90p/ litre
Fuel prices going down? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Sorry - typo of course - 92.9 and 94.9! Shall we live long enough to ever see prices starting with an '8' again?
Fuel prices going down? - Chad.R
Sorry - typo of course - 92.9 and 94.9! Shall
we live long enough to ever see prices starting with an
'8' again?

I'm sure some BRs may live long enough - the price will start with 8 but be in 4 digits!
Fuel prices going down? - DP
94.9 and 96.9 here. We do a fortnightly shop at the local Sainsbury's which always qualifies for the 5p off offer, but I use a tankful every 9 days or so, so I have to pay standard prices every other fill.

91.9 paid on Friday with discount vs 98.9 "standard" price paid just over a week earlier (before the recent cuts). Worked out at just under a £4 saving filling up the Mondeo. Which is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick as they say.

80-something would be nice, but it was only 2003 when we were paying high 70's!

Cheers
DP