What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Dispatch Hdi £1300 catalyst and exhaust - mark999
FIL's Exhaust went on Holiday last week he needed a new catalyst and front box as the cat was cracked. Ford rapid fit relieved him of £1300 to fix it. The biggest cost was the catalyst, a genuine Citroen part, at £800+Vat!
If we were at home I could have searched the internet for a pattern part.

Dispatch Hdi £1300 catalyst and exhaust - Armitage Shanks {p}
Lucky you didn't need a particle filter as well - that is another £700! What age was the vehicle?
Its a 2001
Dispatch Hdi £1300 catalyst and exhaust - Aprilia
Excellent fuel economy though, eh??
Dispatch Hdi £1300 catalyst and exhaust - T Lucas
Get the mig welder out and a few quid,£50 would have covered it.It saddens me that people will just hand over their hard earned for such silly repairs.
Dispatch Hdi £1300 catalyst and exhaust - bell boy
as basil fawlty would say 1300 undred quiiiiiiiiiiiiid........................wow .......i would shoot the car first if hitting it with a tree branch didnt cure it .
Dispatch Hdi £1300 catalyst and exhaust - Pugugly {P}
The reply "like that's in Yen is it ?" usually gets a smile if not a discount....horrendous.
If we were at home we certainly would have have searched out a much better deal.(already found a cat for £200) Its very difficult when you are on holiday for just a week with 2 disabled adults to look after and need the vehicle to tow a caravan home.
Next time we go on holiday I'll remember to take a few telephone numbers such as gfs and euro car parts with us.

Mark