Radiator cooling Fan - 1992 Astra Estate - wbd
For 1992 Astra SRi estate at what coolant temperature should the radiator cooling fan start up?
I was surprised this AM when an M3 jam caused a rise in the gauge indicator temperature higher than expected.
The fan does work.

The situation is complicated by the fact that the temp gauge reads low, normal thermostat temp = 88degC shows as 84 (engine temp has been checked with electronic thermometer = 88)

So when the gauge shows 90 I worry?

This the second Vauxhall I've had with a low reading temp gauge.

Any views on this would be welcome

regards

WBD

Radiator cooling Fan - bell boy
if it has the old school type radiator on this ie not plastic then put a new switch in the side of the radiator.
It should only cost a £5 from a factor/dealer.
The switch cuts in at 97 degrees on a mk1 corsa so you may not have panicked for long enough.;-)
Radiator cooling Fan - SpamCan61 {P}
Heh1..I was sat in that queue, like I am every Monday morning :-(.

Anyway, on my Omegas with X20XEV engine the fan starts up when the temperature gauage is just about halfway, and runs at full speed when it is three quarters of the way up. This seems pretty typical for all the VXs I've owned / driven ( roughly a dozen).

I've avoided any mention of actual temepratures because the Omega has a different scaling to other VXs I've had.

The rad. on my '95 Omega is starting to clog up methinks, as the fan cuts in quicker than it used to.:-/