Colt Test Drive - machika
I have arranged for a test drive, on Wednesday, in a Mitsubishi Colt. I am very disappointed that my request for a 'proper' test drive was refused, so we will be limited to a max round trip of about 6 miles, on roads which will give us no opportunity of driving legally at 70 mph. The staff have, apparently, no discretion on this matter.
Colt Test Drive - Happy Blue!
Ring Mitsubishi direct and ask for a 24hour test drive.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Colt Test Drive - daveyjp
Ring a Mercedes garage and try a forfour instead!
Colt Test Drive - carl_a
Ring a Mercedes garage and try a forfour instead!

They share 70+ % parts but seats, legroom, visability, dashboard are all different. Only way to tell is to drive a proper Colt.
Colt Test Drive - Citroënian {P}
Sounds dodgy; either follow TVMs advice or just ring around the dealers in your area.

Lee -- Without bills, magazines and junk mail, there is no mail
Colt Test Drive - Citroënian {P}
Or Espada's advice even....
Lee -- Without bills, magazines and junk mail, there is no mail
Colt Test Drive - artful dodger {P}
Recently went to look at the Colt as being a possible replacement for my wife's car. Carefully looked at the 5 door, but ruled it out as the boot is so small for this size of car, would take 4 bags of shopping only. Never spoke to a salesman as they were all "busy", so cannot comment on a test drive.

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.
The biggest drawback of the car is the tiny boot but there are lots of cars like this with tiny boots. It is the weakness of a small car with lots of passenger space, which the Colt is.
I have to say that I think this tiny boot should have been given a mention in the web site road test. It is all very well having a big load volume when the seats are folded down, but this is of no use if the car is carrying four people.
Colt Test Drive - Martin Wall
As you'll be able to see from the news item opposite (with today's date) Mitsubishi need to get these sold so strange the dealer should be so unhelpful...
Well, we went for the 'test drive' today and, basically, my wife didn't like the semi-auto box. It was jerkier than I remember my first experience of one and I thought the engine was very noisy too. So, it is now off our list of possible choices. It doesn't, for me, compare favourably with a Jazz. The engine in a Jazz is much more refined and the CVT gearbox wonderfully smooth in comparison.

Before I go any further, let me say it wasn't a Mitusbishi dealer we were at and, other than that, I can't really say any more. My wife told the member of staff, that dealt with us, that their test drive policy did them no favours but she might as well have been speaking to the wall. Personally, I would be very reluctant to buy a car on the basis of such a limited test drive.

With regard to the current Mitsubishi offers, I can find no mention of any discounts on their web site, just finance deals. There are none to be had on drivethedeal.com either.
Colt Test Drive - artful dodger {P}
So, it is now off our list of possible choices.

After our visit to look at the Colt we stopped at the Kia garage. Never looked any further as my wife loved the Rio for the space, equipment levels and the price. They also had a 4 month old car with 2,500 miles at a good discount on the forecourt. We ended up with more car for our money, and she still loves it a month on. I would suggest you take a look at the Rio (provided you have a dealer nearby).

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.