What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CRV Sport Automatic Reg.01.08.2005 - Deskpilot
Has anyone any experience of mechanical problems affecting this vehicle?
Honda CRV Sport Automatic Reg.01.08.2005 - smoke
Well ours is a 2002 CR-V 2.0 SE-Sport auto, and so far has had a new drivers seat, new rear speaker, new timing chain, new tensioners, new pulleys and new water pump.
good car though just ours was a bit dud, seems to be running really well now though with smooth auto shift and decent power.
Honda CRV Sport Automatic Reg.01.08.2005 - Deskpilot
Thanks for your reply. I too had a 2002 Sport SE Automatic from new before this one and, apart from an aircon failure in the first fortnight, which was quickly repaired under warranty, it was fault free and a pleasure to drive.

My latest model is a pain, having a whine/whistle from 35 to 40 mph up through the range. The auto box is also slow to change down! The 16" wheels also give the impression of doing their own thing from time to time!
Honda CRV Sport Automatic Reg.01.08.2005 - smoke
Heh, the CR-V has developed a rear seatbelt failure and a new belt is required. It has also developed a crack in the passenger side mirror glass, with no impact mark, and no mark on the mirror casing. Oh and the passenger side sunvisor cover keeps falling off.
I await the next set of minor irritations with glee.