What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mondeo: Aux Diesel Powered heater - robert
Does anyone have experience of the aux diesel powered heater offered by Ford as an option on recent diesel Mondeos?
Mondeo: Aux Diesel Powered heater - daveyjp
Not had experience on Fords, but if it's as good as the one on Audis is a definate must, I can't believe Ford only offer it as an option. It was -6 degrees here today, without the heater my car wouldn't have warmed through in the 6 miles I travelled, the heater was blowing warm air out within half a mile. The temp guage was just above minimum when I arrived at work, but the cabin was at a pleasant 23 degsrees C.
Mondeo: Aux Diesel Powered heater - Collos25
Webasto do one in both petrol and diesel ,it was -30 in Dresden a couple of weeks ago when I was there how I wished I had one.
Mondeo: Aux Diesel Powered heater - Altea Ego
The Webasto aux heater on the Ran works really well, and has been working its socks off over the last few days, warm up times are really fast BUT

Its a seriously smokey and smelly beast when used on the Touran, all the owners complain about it at various times.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Mondeo: Aux Diesel Powered heater - jc2
I think the Ford heater is an Eberspacher.
Mondeo: Aux Diesel Powered heater - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
I have an Eberspacher unit on my 03 E320CDi Merc. Gets warmed air out of the vents in the first mile at -6. I have seen Galaxys and the like erupt into clouds of blue smoke when their units kick in but apart from a quiet rushing noise on the Merc you would never know it was working. My pal has an Eberspacher on his Landy with a timer gizmo that fires it up about 20 mins before he goes to work with toasty warm interior and an engine almost at running temp.
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
Just remember that a Galaxy is actually a VW,as is the Alhambra and most of the parts other than the 2.0/2.3DOHC engines(incidentally one of the best engines Ford have ever made)are VW.
Mondeo: Aux Diesel Powered heater - NARU
I wasn't aware that an aux preheater was available as a Mondeo option! I've just gone through the Ford configurator on their website and it doesn't mention a preheater option.

Mondeo: Aux Diesel Powered heater - Quinny100
Its available as part of the Winter Pack @ £500, which includes the fuel fired auxillary heater and heated front seats. This has only been available since October 2005.

On the higher spec models the aux heater is available on its own at £275, presumably because heated seats are standard on these.

Ford also fit a electric heater in the coolant pipes on some of their TDCi's. Not sure if my ST TDCi has one or not but it warms up a sight faster than my older 2.0 TDCi ever did.
It was offered in Northern European markets before the UK.