What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Vectra 2004 - what tyres? - paulvm
Have to replace the front tyres on 2004 1.8 Vectra and wondered if anyone recommends a brand/type? Currently had Firestone F680's which have been ok but not special in terms of wear etc.
Vectra 2004 - what tyres? - Bill Payer
Firestones are usually pretty hard wearing - when we had Cavaliers as company cars the lease company used to insist on Firestones. There are different version though, I think the model we used was F590 Fuel Saver but the treadwear rating was 400, when it's typically 180-240 on most original equipment tyres.

What mileage are you getting out of the fronts? It's mainly down to driving styles - we had some drivers who would go through fronts in 10K miles, others would do 30K.

Any 'eco' (fuel saver) tyre should give you longer life, ie relevant models from Continental, or Michelin.
Vectra 2004 - what tyres? - Dynamic Dave
Bridgestones on my 2003 Vectra (standard fitment at the time). Front ones currently on 24,000 miles, and still have a bit of tread left. I bought the Vectra at 9,500 miles - no idea if they had been replaced beforehand, but the fact that I myself have managed to get 14,500 miles out of them so far is some feat in itself, considering previous cars I've owned, I could only get a set of fronts to last between 10,000 to 13,000 miles.
Vectra 2004 - what tyres? - paulvm
Thanks for the information. Upon checking have got nearly 23,000 out of them, so really should not complain! Sounds like Firestone will be as good, if not better, than some other types. Thanks guys.
Vectra 2004 - what tyres? - tyrexpert
Firestone is one of Bridgestones stable of brands and therefore is a top quality product. The F680 is quite an old pattern and is realy only still around in the size 195/65vr15. The new pattern is the TZ200 and this is a very good product. I think you will also find that the Firestone brand is one of the most competitively priced premium products in the market.