What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Servicing costs? - leef
Afternoon chaps!

Im going to get my Mondeo (new shape) serviced in about 3 weeks, it'll be close to 40,000 miles so is due one. I've only owned the car a couple of weeks and its my 1st Ford (previously had a Renault) what type of standard servicing costs would I be looking at? Either at a dealer or a local, while im on the subject can anyone recommend a good garage for servicing? I live in north manchester, crumpsall area. any help as always will be much apriechated.

Thanks
Lee
Servicing costs? - Happy Blue!
Hi Lee

I live around the corner from you and can advise as follows: -

Independent garage -
T D Tuning, Lonsdale Street, Manchester M40 2FT (0161) 683 4135

Off Oldham Road, Newton Heath - very nice people and seem to know what they are doing.

The car needs a Major service and at a Ford main dealer will cost about £240 inc VAT.

You should join us on the next North West Back Room meet - sometime in January.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Servicing costs? - oldpostie
My Mondeo TDCi had a service in Sep, after 26000 miles. It cost £148, and I had a courtesy car without paying extra. I suppose the later one has more work done, but that's what I paid at a Ford dealer in Northamptonshire.
Servicing costs? - aylesby
My 2.2 TDCi had its first 12,500 mile service for £159 last week in Northwhich. Free courtesy car too.
Servicing costs? - cheddar
Minor every 12500 approx £140. major every 37500 approx £240, sure it is due a service at all, it may have been done at 37500?
Servicing costs? - Quinny100
On my Mondeo TDCi I pay £120 for a 12.5k service and £160 for a 37.5k service including a courtesy car at my local Ford dealer.

Servicing costs? - leef
it is due a service at all, it may have been
done at 37500?

Hmmmm, just checked the service manual record and it reads as follows:
1st service was done at 10,922 miles
2nd service was done at 16,718 miles
3rd service was done at 25,734 miles (also has major service and spark plugs ticked in the log)
4th service was done at 32,791 and has Annual sevice and Odour filter ticked. The last service was done on 3rd December last year. All the services were done at a local Ford Dealer in Tadcaster, Leeds by the look of the stamps.

Thoughts guys? should I be having one done? its been almost 12 months to the day, will it require the more expensive "Major service"? is it worth the extra pounds to have proper ford dealer do it?

Thanks Espada, will definetly look up the NW meet in Jan, it would be good to put faces to names :)

Once again thanks guys for your help in advance.
Yes, if it is a year since the last service then have it done though the 3rd was a major so only a minor is needed.
Servicing costs? - Happy Blue!
Agreed and probably the local garage can do it for you instead of the Ford dealer. Its basically an oil and filter change and some checking of underneath the car for safety and brake items.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Servicing costs? - jamoor1
got my TDCI serviced a week ago
12.5k mile service
£135.
always haggle with the dealer, call others too.
Agreed and probably the local garage can do it for you
instead of the Ford dealer. >>

It has only done 40k so if under 3 years old it is well worth paying less than £150 and having a dealer do it. IMO Ford dealers are good now days, also Ford are likely to support any out of warranty claims if the car has full Ford dealer history.