What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Visiting Germany. - Andy Bairsto
Just a bit of advertising,If any body is visiting Dresden I now own a bar and anyone from this forum is welcome for a chat and a free beer.
The Skorpio Rudolf Renner str Dresden.
Re: Visiting Germany. - Dan J
I am sure any of us who end up near the town of Dresden on a visit to Deutschland will be taking you up on your kind offer :)

Dan
Buying used bars in germany - ian (cape town)
Sorry, I thought this was a previous thread! :)
Re: Buying used bars in germany - markymarkn
Free beer????

Might be worth a road trip.....
hmmm

Cheers Andy,

M
Re: Visiting Germany. - Lee H
Beer? Free? My kinda thread.

Will be sure to call in next time I'm near. Good luck with it.

Lee.
Re: Visiting Germany. - mike harvey
What sort of beer? Not that cold lager stuff is it?
Mike
Re: Visiting Germany. - Ian Cook
Andy

Is the practice of drinking cold beer chased by iced-cold schnapps still prevalent? I remember taking an American to a bar in Cologne, back in the seventies, and introducing him to this practice. His comment on the schnapps was "rather nice - like refrigerated gasoline".

The "Skorpio" eh? I didn't think you were a Ford man!

Ian
Re: Visiting Germany. - Honest John
Dresden is a very interesting place to visit. Well worth it. So thanks to Andy. Pity about the Hilton in the town centre, though. That really needs to be torn down and replaced with something that doesn't look so out of place. Like the houses that used to be there.

HJ
Re: Visiting Germany. - Leslie
Having lived in West Germany(when it was called that) on and off for 40 years, I visited Dresden soon after the 'Wall' came down. The museums were fantastic but the city was so run down it would be difficult to see how it would ever be restored. With the exception of some wonderful buildings in the centre the place was the most drab, filthy and depressing city I have seen.

I wonder if all the DMarks the reluctant West Germans poured into it have had any effect?
Re: Visiting Germany. - El Dingo (Martin)
Andy,

You never know.....
If a bloke walks in (viking beardy, about 40ish).....

...it'll just be some damn 'Wessie' is expect.

Good luck with the bar.

Martin.
Re: Visiting Germany. - El Dingo (Martin)
I mean 'Wessie' I expect

not is expect.

(It isn't any better is it. Sorry. I'll just go to bed now...)

Martin.