What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Peugeot 406 Bargains - martin glover
Thanks to some sound advice from this page, i have discovered some great bargains at Autotrader and Yahoo Cars. There are a few 406's going from around £2500 to £3000, yr 96 and 97 are very common. Most of these are from traders which is surprising as i thought they would be a rip-off.

What do people think it is reasonable to offer when the asking price is £3000 ono? In fact, is there a general rule in buying second hand about amount you can reasonably offer?
Re: Peugeot 406 Bargains - David W
Martin,

It takes some while to get a feel for any particular price range. I think you first thought it would take about £5K to get a '97 car.

These £2.5K '96/97 cars are not unusual.

I've just brokered the sale of a P-reg '96 Mondeo LXTD at £2K. Bit up on mileage for you at 108K but dead honest, full history and everything works. And would you believe it the best trade cash offer was £1600.

There are some real bargains out there, and that is why I was wary of you spending too much on your old car.

David
Re: Peugeot 406 Bargains - Ben Chapman
Be careful with 406's, there are a lot of clocked car around. A friend of mine bought one in the summer for 1200 with 170k. If you hadnt seen the digits on the speedo, you wouldnt believe the milleage. Pushing it on a Peugeot engine, but it drove fine.

Ben