What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Focus ST2 - watch your eyes - Altea Ego
www.ford.co.uk/ie/foc_c307/-/-/foc_st/-/-/-/

I quote
"Bright, exciting exterior colours are complemented inside by two-tone Recaro sports seats"

Ye gods. I went into the local ford dealer to get some some < whisper > mondeo brochures < normal voice > and they had an ST2 in in bright orange. Holly smoke - what a colour. The salesman said they were all suffering from solar radiation burns inside the showroom.

Talk about dramatic. You have to see one.
Focus ST2 - watch your eyes - Adam {P}
There's been big discussion on this over on the FFOC where they think (not unsurprisingly) that's it's the best thing on four wheels.

Personally, I think it's a boringly ugly car made even more ugly by that colour. It's supposedly a limited edition colour - much like I expect the magnum grey on ST's or some other, now popular colour was.

And this ST1,2 and 3 spec. What a joke. The ST should be the ultimate in performance with most creature comforts. It just shows how they admit the ST 1 spec is poverty.

And it's a 2.5 litre Turbo 5 pot and only develops something like 220bhp? I'm sure it's a great drive - but looks wise it would be the VXR every time. Then the GTi.

And yes, I know the ST would hammer the Golf quite easily.
Focus ST2 - watch your eyes - adverse camber
How quick was that ?

dumps the GOLD focus SALOON for a lexus and suddenly he's a style guru ! ;-)
Focus ST2 - watch your eyes - MichaelR
The different spec levels is a great idea.

Some people prefer a focused drivers car - they do not want bells and whistles. For these people, ST1 is the right car. Others want all the kit, so they buy an ST3..
Focus ST2 - watch your eyes - Adam {P}
I am a style guru!

Not sure I agree with you there Mike. In theory yes - you're right but lets be honest, it all boils down the the bean counters and Ford justifying charging nearly 20 grand for an ST3.
Focus ST2 - watch your eyes - cheddar
Reckon the Focus looks fine once it's wheel arches are well filled, and I like the colour, better than the 'Subaru Blue' as per other recent ST's launch colour. Also the 1,2 and 3 trim levels are only like Clio 182 and 182 Cup etc.
Focus ST2 - watch your eyes - Pugugly {P}
Wizard web site though....
Focus ST2 - watch your eyes - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
When VW launched the Corrado all the road test cars were a bright yellow. Certainly grabbed my attention- but I bought a white one when it was cool to do so.
Cool being as in the snow drifts in Buxton sense.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Focus ST2 - watch your eyes - Hugo {P}
It looks like a pumpkin.
Focus ST2 - watch your eyes - DavidHM
I don't have a problem with the trim levels, although I can imagine that about two thirds or more will be the ST2.

One thing does concern me - the car is front wheel drive with 225 bhp and, on the ST1 version no ESP/traction control. Will this make it a torque steery nightmare and thereby a complete waste of £14k (discounted) or is the chassis really that well sorted that this car is viable without it?
One thing does concern me - the car is front wheel
drive with 225 bhp and, on the ST1 version no ESP/traction
control. >>

I wondered this and guess that the ST1 has TC though no ESP.
Focus ST2 - watch your eyes - Burnout2
Nope, ST1 has no TC of any kind. Roadtest opinions vary as to whether it needs it (probably yes in the wet, although it's a far less unruly car than the Astra VXR), but it's still available as a £250 option on the base model.
Focus ST2 - watch your eyes - tyro
btw, will there be an estate like there was (IIRC) with the last Focus ST?
Focus ST2 - watch your eyes - AlastairW
Well there is definitely a five door option,so why not an estate too.
The new Focus saloon is a great looker so an ST saloon could be a great seller however both saloon and estate could take sales from S40/V50's with the same engine so may not be in Ford's plans.
The new Focus saloon is a great looker so an ST
saloon could be a great seller however both saloon and estate
could take sales from S40/V50's with the same engine>>

Not to mention the ST220.