What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Grey import dealers in trouble again - Aprilia
Looks like grey import dealers might be in trouble with the manufacturers again. Mitsubishi GB and Toyota GB are taking action against UK dealers selling new pickups originally destined for the Thai market. Manufacturers are always such great proponents of globalisation - so long as it works in their favour....

Full story here..

www.autoindustry.co.uk/news/industry_news/24-10-05...m
Grey import dealers in trouble again - SjB {P}
An ex neighbour of mine made a very, very, nice living thank-you-very-much out of importing for onward sale new 3 Series Beemers from the South African factory, originally intended for that local market. I came from home one day and there were six of them parked outside his house!
Grey import dealers in trouble again - patently
The present situation is that parallel importation is permitted from anywhere in the EU (obviously), from outside the EU if the trade mark owner has consented, or (probably) if there are in fact no material differences in the product sold by the trade mark owner in the source state.

Mitsubishi's comments about differences between the Thai and UK products are well crafted. Assuming they are accurate, Mitsubishi are well placed to stop the parallel importers.
Grey import dealers in trouble again - Aprilia
Apologies if so. I didn't spot it.