What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Radio TA function - Dipstick
Following on from the thread about radio traffic reports, I'm wondering if I'm having a senior moment or whether my memory is correct.

Am I right in thinking there USED to be a system on Ford radios whereby it would somehow magically record traffic announcements when you were not in the car? Then when you started the engine it would replay the last two or three, so you knew what was happening?

Did I make that up or did it ever exist? (And if not, why not!)

Radio TA function - Buster Cambelt
Yes, quite a few manufacturers had it, certainly Ford and Audi did.
Radio TA function - Stargazer {P}
VW Passat, has TP/TA and TIM, TIM is something like traffic information memory with upto 9 broadcasts for a total of 4 minutes in the last two hours.

Mind you after an hour in the car last night with the manual, cant work out how to use the thing or how to turn off TP!

StarGazer
Radio TA function - runboy
Yes, the Audi A2 has it. You set times when the set should start looking for the TA and recording it. So say 7-9am and 5-7pm. It will then playback the last recorded TA.
Radio TA function - Dipstick
Wow! A gadget I don't have and have never played with! Blow!

Now I'm gonna have to roig up a digital recorder to the interweb in some manner to get the same info...hmm...interesting project!

Thanks for restoring my sanity folks.