What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford mondeo td timing - hunchback
my fuel injection pump had to be replaced ,i followed the procedures in the manual. ihave got the cam and fuel pump belts on,it now asks to remove timing pins from fuel pump and cam turn engine twice and reinsert pins,problem cannot turn what have I done wrong?
ford mondeo td timing - thomp1983
prob same problem i had with my 306, you sure it doesn't say use 3 pins and lock the flywheel or crankshaft pulley? chances are you've moved the crank while doing the belt meaning your gettin piston/valve contact

chris
ford mondeo td timing - hunchback
If this is the case and it sounds like it how do I resolve this?
I would appreciate any help as I need me car a.s.a.p
mondeo td timing - hunchback
I have replaced timing belts unfortunetly I only placed two timming pins in and forgot the crankshaft.How do I realine the crank shaft(the cam and fuel injection pins are still in place)?

{Merged into the current thread already started as related. DD}
mondeo td timing - RichardW
First you need to find out how you are supposed to lock the crankshaft on this engine - it might be a hole in the flywheel, or a mark / locating lug at the timing belt end. Then you need to position the engine back at where the cam / pump pins will go in, and the remove the timing belt(s I think in the case of the Endura engine?). Now you need to rotate the crankshaft to get the timing pin in - I can't imagine it will need much, as you are probably only 1 or 2 teeth out on the belt. It might be an idea to use some tippex to index the crankshaft at the current position, at least that will give you some idea of where you started from. What ever you do, don't force the crankshaft, you could easily bend a valve.

Off the wall, but you are sure that the replacement pump is not seized?
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
mondeo td timing - jc
On early engines the third pin went into a hole in the block under the pump;a plug had to be removed from this hole,the engine was then turned over till the crank hit the pin and that was the position where you inserted the cam and pump pins.