What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Fiesta Interior Rattle Help. - Ford Dagenham
Hello everyone.

The wife has just had a new fiesta style (1.4)

Picked it up yesterday.

Now she complains that there is a rattle inside the car comeing from the passenger side.

She says it sounds a bit like glass wobbling.

Any help or tips apreciated.
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
New Fiesta Interior Rattle Help. - Adam {P}
Yeah - take the glass off the dashboard ;-)

On a serious note, is it a Mk 6? Were these not diagnosed with some sort of front suspension defect a while back?
--
Adam
Hello.

This is a new mk6 yes.

As its a march the 31st build it should have been ironed out.
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
Hello.

Does anyone else have any ideas.
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
New Fiesta Interior Rattle Help. - Claude
Years ago friends of ours were occasionally bothered by a noise from the rear passenger side which could never be traced. One day they had a side-swipe accident and the rear wheel arch had to be reskinned. When the damaged metal was cut away they found an empty beer bottle lying in a box section which had clearly been there since the car was built. I'm not suggesting thats the answer in your case but who knows.
New Fiesta Interior Rattle Help. - Armitage Shanks {p}
If this vehicle is new get it back to the supplying dealer!
New Fiesta Interior Rattle Help. - Armitage Shanks {p}
If it isn't new, recent legislation allows to assume that the fault was present on delivery, SFAIK
New Fiesta Interior Rattle Help. - Blue {P}
As it happens you're reminding me of a noise from my MK6 Fiesta, I can almost hear it, but it's been such a while since I owned the car I can't really remember the details.

Anyway, one thing that I do remember was having one of the interior door panels replaced to cure a noise...

I would take it in to the garage and ask them to sort it, you only get the pleasure of that during the first year!

Blue
New Fiesta Interior Rattle Help. - Rover25
suggest checking the metal rods that operate the door locks, these were quite lose on a previous car of mine and tapped on the metal of the door whilst driving.