What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford focus ghia - egor
Hi went to see a 1.8 focus ghia estate yesterday. £5495 52-2002,62,000 miles comes with a warranty.
It's got a crack on front fog light,some scratches on body work and on the offside rear door the metal strip the bottom of the window rubber pops into is bent up in one corner (like somones pulled the rubber up to break into it)
Is this a fair price and how much should i try and get knocked off? i'm a cash buyer with no trade in, also if i can't get money off is it worth trying to get free servicing/extended warranty?
ford focus ghia - Quinny100
The car is not particularly cheap considering the age and mileage, and given that its coming from a dealer the condition sounds a bit poor - if the dealer hasn't bothered to fix simple visible cosmetic problems you can bet that the mechanicals haven't had a careful going over.

I'd be looking elsewhere.

Also if you want a Focus Ghia get a 2.0. The difference is fuel consumption is practically none-existant and on the Ghia trim you get a lot more equipment on the 2.0.
ford focus ghia - Adam {P}
Does seem awfully overpriced - the only thing working in it's favour would be age.

Quinny's right. A 2.0 Ghia would get you the fuel computer, electric windows all round with global closing, traction control (I think) and rear disc brakes along with a few other bits and pieces that the 1.8 doesn't have.

--
Adam
ford focus ghia - egor
Hi,
I'm intrested that it's overpriced i'm from taunton somerset and theres nothing of a similar age/spec/mileage within 30 miles, i've searched autotrader web site and exeter car supermarket. Where are these cheaper cars you speak of? auction?
Actually, looking on Autotrader, it doesn't seem as overpriced as I thought. I think it's the mileage that's putting me off.
--
Adam
ford focus ghia - mare
Hi,
I'm intrested that it's overpriced i'm from taunton somerset and theres
nothing of a similar age/spec/mileage within 30 miles, i've searched autotrader
web site and exeter car supermarket.

i was going to suggest a trip up to Bristol, but a quick search of Auto trader using a BS8 / Clifton postcode doesn't give anything cheaper.

But I did find on Auottrader a panther black 1.8 Ghia estate, 02 reg, 64000 miles for £4999 in .... Taunton!! at Kingston Road Auto Sales.

HTH
ford focus ghia - bikemade3
Egor,
I am a fellow Tauntonian, and have been thinking about changing our second car. This weeks Somerset county Gazette motoring section had a Nissan Primera 1.8, FSH, 1 previous owner, 44k for £2995. The cars at a dealer @ Minehead,(Page 113) and i,m sure you could get it in the region of £2250. Focus,s do seem expensive when you look at a S reg 1.6 LX advertised for £3995 at Bulford garage in Wellington.
How much?? My '99 Ghia 1.8 wouldn't be worth £3,300 even in a private sale!
--
Adam
>> How much?? My '99 Ghia 1.8 wouldn't be worth £3,300 even
in a private sale!
--
Adam

As advertised,
99,1.6 5 Door LX,Moondust Silver,PAS,RCL,EW,ETC no mention of Nos of prev owners, SH,

Must be the silver coackwork that makes it so expensive.
And it,s not even a main dealer.
I'm guessing the mileage isn't advertised either? Doesn't matter. Unless it had 10 miles on the clock it wouldn't be worth that....and even then...
--
Adam
ford focus ghia - egor
Hi,
The panther black focus at knigston road is the car i'm talking about.
Our current car is a primera 2.0sx estate so not bothered with the one in minehead.
Adski the thing is everybody says that cars well overpriced but i've just demonstrated thats what cars go for down in somerset and nobody yourself included has come back with where to go to get a better deal.
I know

>>Actually, looking on Autotrader, it doesn't seem as overpriced as I thought. I think it's the mileage that's putting me off.
--
Adam<<

I mean - if you really can't find a better Focus, then go for it. The fog light is easy to replace, the light scratches will come out no problem and I don't have a cly how to fix that bent metal.In a way, this is good. You could use these problems to knock the dealer down.

Is it £5,495 or £4.999? Make sure you know before you go in offering nearly 5 and a half grand! I don't think the dealer would highlight your mistake.

--
Adam
ford focus ghia - egor
Ok so saying it's £4999 what should my opening offer be and at what point should i walk away? £4500 or is that not a good enough discount?
Maybe it's worth a trip to the auctions
Bit surpridsed with that.I previously about 4 years ago, bought a Cit ZX 1.9D from them and they gave me a good PX, in the 4 years i had it, the only thing to go wrong was the HG but that was a result of the lower rad hose chafing thru' the engine plate as it has lost a rad hose securing clip. Can,t realy blame the garage for that as i,d had the car 2 years by then.

Friend recentl bought from them a W plate 318 4 door with FDSH,40K, 12 mths mot, 1 previous owner for £6K looking in Autotrader thats the cheapest 318 BMW by 2k.

Looking in the paper i assume it,s the 1.8 Ghia Estate advertised for £5795 with 60K, especially as a 1.4 5door 02 17k is up for £5995, then again it's a 1.4 with the most basic build standard.

Have you had a look @ Brakes in Ilminster? Their prices seem to be keen had a new model 1.6 zetec 05 plate, 4 months old for about 10k, older model obviously cheaper.

Mountfield car centre have a W plate 2000 Ghia Estate in Panher Met black with history for £4799 make him an offer it's been sat on the lot for a while i walk past it often enough.
Hi,
The panther black focus at knigston road is the car i'm
talking about.
Our current car is a primera 2.0sx estate so not
bothered with the one in minehead.
Adski the thing is everybody says that cars well overpriced but
i've just demonstrated thats what cars go for down in somerset
and nobody yourself included has come back with where to go
to get a better deal.

What's wrong with the Primera? plenty of good reports on this site.
ford focus ghia - egor
It's just about to break 100,000 air con doesn't work (although it didn't when we bought it)dent in rear passengers door(argument in a multistory,multistory won) and we just want a change.
Fair enough.
ford focus ghia - MichaelR
Becuase its a saloon in a dodgy colour. If it was a nice coloured hatch, it would be worth a lot more. Surely you know this ;)