What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda IMA - Pugugly {P}
The Office has acquired one as a new pool car.

Spent some time with it and its ok actually.

1400cc with battery assist. (!) A Japanese made Honda well and solidly built, leather interior, climate and CD player as standard, as well as heated seats ! Plenty of room for four adults and a Star Treck dashboard. Cheap to tax and CC exempted (so I'm told). Currently returning 50 mpg despite being "hammered". First impressions are of a normal petrol car. (Remember to depress clutch or it won't start for some American reason), silent tick over (ad to check rev counter to confirm it was running), Gear change is the best around that I've driven of late - the charge/assist graphics are a bit distracting at first and the tyres are a bit noisy (compared to the BMW) it pulls well in all gears, I found the cliamte fans a bit noisy. One of the guys in work commented that it may be complitcated and expensive to repair when it goes wrong - bit its a Honda for goodness sake !

Handles flat, but I genuinely dislike the electric Power Steering which weights up oddly at parking speeds.

Quite where this fits in witht he Insight I don't know, but its a mainstream car which won't baffle you.

Buy one myself ? If it had a 2.0litre VTEC yes ! But it salves the corporate guilt to drive a green car and its ok.

Oh and you can overide that Auto Stop thingy by careful reference to the Britannica type manual.
Honda IMA - blue_haddock
You could pretty much substitute the word Prius in for everywhere you have written IMA and it wouldn't be inaccurate.

Yes the silent start can be a bit strange at first and you need good observation as pedestrians often don't hear you approaching them. Virtually anything on the car that can be is electronically operated and the steering does feel strangely vague and seperate from what the wheels are doing.

How long was the wait for it? The prius takes approx 6 months from date of order to delivery day.
Honda IMA - Pugugly {P}
Bought it second hand 12k on a 54 plate from a Honda dealer 8.7k.
Honda IMA - blue_haddock
That sounds cheap considering the equivalent Prius would be £20k new so 12 months old would still be a hell of a lot more than 12k
Honda IMA - Pugugly {P}
I was away when the deal was struck, there was no part ex (they didn't want the knackered Astra !) so this may have been a factor. Used it today, couldn't figure why my bluetooth wouldn't sync (til I figured i was in the wrong car) no reverse sensors which is becoming a mental issue for me. Must be getting old.