What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mondeo Remote locking - DaveKent
Hi. Yesterday I bought an P reg, new shape, 1.8 Ford Mondeo Diesel.

Put new batteries (top brand ones)in the key/remote but the remote locking still isnt working. I have pointed it right at the door lock/handle as well as around the car ( I must have looked odd!!). Anyway, no joy at all. The little red light on the key comes on when pressed, but no remote opening/locking.

Has anyone got an idea what might be wrong?

Regards,

Dave

(p.s. Did try to do a forum search put it wouldnt display anything)
Mondeo Remote locking - Adam {P}
Before I post how to do it, so I don't look ridiculous, are the IR receivers in the door handles themselves?
--
Adam
Before I post how to do it, so I don't look
ridiculous, are the IR receivers in the door handles themselves?
--
Adam

I have no idea. I only pointed at the door handle because i've had a old mondeo once and thats where it was. I dont know about the new shape ones.
I'm going out now so I'll post what I think will be the right one so as not to leave you in limbo overnight.

KEY FOB PROGRAMMING
FORD
Mondeo 93> Mondeo 96> (Infrared 2 Button)
Procedure
1. Unlock Vehicle, and turn ignition to position 1.
2. Wait until the PATS LED illuminates (app 10 seconds)
3. Switch Ignition to 0 – within 5 seconds – LED will remain on
4. Point the Remote at one of the front Receivers
5. Press a button and keep pressed – within 20 seconds of step 3
6. When the LED on the Key lights press the other button 3-5 times
7. Release both buttons while still aiming at the receiver
8. If successful, both LED’s will flash 5 times
9. Repeat 5—9 for additional transmitters (within 30 seconds)
10 When completed, Turn Ignition to II then 0 to store the Keys

I know it said 93 to 96 but apparently that works on yours too. Some people on the site I got that off claimed to have 2 button radio remotes which I didn't think existed so one of the many replies on here,

tinyurl.com/djjup

May be more use to you.

Good luck,
--
Adam
You'll need to find out before you try then so you point it in the right direction. If it's a radio key though then it won't matter.

Apart from the light, can you see anything else on the key that looks like a bulb that isn't lit? If so, then it's an IR key and you need to point it at the IR receiver (probably not in the doorhandles if you can't remember seeing them). If you can't, it's a radio key and it won't matter. If it is a radio key try,

1. Turning key to ignition II 4 times,
2. If you don't hear a bong, this method won't work. If you do,
3. Press a button on the key
4. Anothe bong
5. Start car - and away you go.

I don't have much hope of that one working but that site seems to suggest that it could.
--
Adam
Its a 97 Mondeo P-reg.

Theres no bulb next to the stem of the key. All thats on the key is the little red light, below that a button with one down arrow on it, below that a button with two up arrows.

(The help is very much appreciated)
Mondeo Remote locking - thomp1983
hi go to www.mirez.co.uk/Keys.htm it has all the details on reprogramming mondeo keyfobs for all years

chris
1. Turning key to ignition II 4 times,
2. If you don't hear a bong, this method won't work.
If you do,
3. Press a button on the key
4. Anothe bong
5. Start car - and away you go.

>>

RESULT!!!

Nice one Adam.

Just tried this and it works. Didnt hear a bong, but its now locking and unlocking (lights flashing twice when it locks)

Thank you ALL for the help.

Regards,

A Happy Dave (",)
Well I'll be damned. Did you not hear a beep of any kind?

Not that it matters if it works now. I never knew they did those keys in the RF form. I thought it was just the 3 button ones but you live and learn!

Glad you got it sorted Dave,

Cheers,
--
Adam
>Did you not hear a beep of
>>any kind?

If it did it was very quiet.
I was zoned in on the LED to see if it stayed on after i turned the key back and forth four times... Which it did (",)

Now thats fixed just got one speaker to sort out (sound comes out but its very faint.(Drivers side speaker is ok). Also got to get a centre cap for one of the alloys. Then its done.

I bought this car 2 days ago. A couple of weeks ago I put in a post 'Best diesel car for a 1k' Dont know if you remmember. Anyway, got this (newer shape) black 1997 P-reg 1.8 Ford Mondeo TD. 5 months mot 3 months tax, new cambelt and service (with pads and disc's)500 miles ago. 126k on the clock. No major marks,dents or sratches, just the normal stone chips etc.

Fingers crossed it looks a good one for the price.

I've learnt if you a patience and wait, you will get what your looking for in the end.

Cheers again everyone for the help with the remote.

Regards,

Dave
Sounds pretty good for a grand. Especially being a Mark 2.
--
Adam
I've learnt if you a patience and wait, you will get what your looking for in the end.

That made me sound like the old chinese guy out the Orange advert.

...if you have patience and wait, it should have been.
Mondeo Remote locking - Dynamic Dave
(p.s. Did try to do a forum search put it wouldnt
display anything)

Sounds like you did a Site Search - which isn't working at the moment, but when it does searches everything except forum items.

Forum search is the one just under where you log in/out.
Mondeo Remote locking - harrierlee
hello mate, i had exactly the same problem on my mondeo '98 2.0 si. i found a website that said something about removing the connectors that go on to the central locking module, leaving the connectors off for 15 mins, rub your finger over the connectors on the module to dissapate static then reconnecting.
this worked on my mondeo so i was well impressed !!
also reprogrammed the key using the same method as described on the other post on here.
the module was under the driver side dashboard, on the right of the pedals and had 3 connectors if i remember correctly.
but i cant remember the name of the site though, sorry
hope this helps
Before you go pulling wires out ( I did this on mine and ended up creating another problem), try the method which I didn't think would work. (Turning the key to Ignition II 4 times). You don't have to point it at anything as it's an RF key.

If that doesn't work, then harrierlee's suggestion sounds like a good idea.
--
Adam