What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Omega parking bulb replacement - smokie
O/s front parking bulb has blown. The car has HID lights and in the book it says remove the rubber cap and pull out the bulb to replace. Sounds easy, but space is somewhat confined. However I can reach the back of the bulb but it will not come out. It was difficult, but I managed to twist it but still won't budge.

Am I missing a trick? The back of my hand is already fairly bruised!!

Thanks
Omega parking bulb replacement - Big Vern
I have a similar problem in the Vectra. I replaced a N/S headlight bulb a while back and it was flagged at a recent MOT as not being seated correctly and therefore would fail the headlight alignment test. Thankfully I must have passed the attitude test as he let me away with it.

I could not get it seated correctly given the space available, Haynes suggested removing the relay box and battery, but I could not have been hassled messing around with the alarm and radio codes etc etc so I removed the grill the indicator and enough of the headlight fixings to allow we to get my hand in through the wing. Sounds allot but was quite quick with a t-bar and small sockets.

Think outside the box.. or indeed outside the engine bay!! he he he