What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Corsa SXi £159/m 0% offer - J500ANT
Son's Cheekycento is dying (slowly) through age rather than neglect and i've been looking at replacements. Bear in mind he pays £120/m for insurance on it (19yr old, driving about 9 months). (Note HE pays not WE pay)

Vauxhall are doing Corsa SXi 1.2 brand new, no deposit (paid by dealer & Vauxhall) £159 a month over 39months with a MGFV of about £3k, all @ 0% interest. Also comes with 1yrs free insurance.

He tells me that the insurance doesnt really go up for a Corsa instead of a Cheekycento, so year 2's insurance looks manageable. (Will double check on this though)

Can anyone offer any wisdom over this deal, to me it seems like a no brainer.

Tony

Corsa SXi £159/m 0% offer - blue_haddock
It does seem like quite a good deal, the only point i can think of is will his fiat last another 3 months as he's not far off his first year of no claims bonus and it seems a shame to throw it away.

You need to find out if the offer will still be on in 3 months time and if it is worth waiting so that he doesn't lose almost a years no claims which to him will be worth quite bit.

Also bear in mind that they may be in similar insurance groups but the Corsa will be worth quite a bit more than cinquecento so the insurance may well be more expensive when he has to pay for it.
Corsa SXi £159/m 0% offer - bimmer-driver
As for the insurance I can tell you that it will go up more than you think. When I upgraded to a Corsa Sxi (group 3) from a 106 (also group 3) I though it would only go up a small amount ie 20 or 30 quid. Got a shock when it went up by 100 quid even though all the policy details were staying the same and the new car was in the same group as the old one.
Corsa SXi £159/m 0% offer - frazerjp
I got a shock when a new Corsa 1.0 (group 1) cost me nearly £800 more to insure then my 11 year old Pug 205, i stayed with the pug for a bit longer.
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Corsa SXi £159/m 0% offer - Zippy123
If you buy it from here with interest does it work out cheaper?

www.carselect.lloydstsb.com/NewCarQuote.aspx?id=40...9
Corsa SXi £159/m 0% offer - carl_a
Citroen and Peugeot are offering free insurance at the moment on some small cars, Hyundai did it two months ago and others may be doing it too.
From all the deals I have seen, the Corsa seems to by far most expensive, or am I missing something ?
Corsa SXi £159/m 0% offer - DavidHM
List price is very high on this Corsa but the finance deal is extremely good and there seems to be a nice discount too to get the deposit and payments down as low as they are.

The free insurance on Citroëns is only available if you take out their 14.3% APR finance, so that adds on an extra £2,000 or so to the price straight away, meaning that you're paying about the same for a lower spec, smaller C2.

The Peugeot finance deal is a little more competitive in terms of APR (7.9%) but the car is quite expensive and only has 60 bhp (!) compared to the 75 of the Corsa. Total credit price is about £1k more if Ant's figures are correct.
Corsa SXi £159/m 0% offer - DavidHM
Oh and the Hyundai deal was cheaper but

a. it's not on any more on the 1.1 GSi, which is the version that makes most sense and
b. it's a Hyundai, and while it's a good car, you'd expect it to be cheaper - except that the 1.3 Sport, which has the offer, really ain't that cheap and
c. it only applies to ages 21 - 80 so is no good anyway.

Incidentally the LTSB offer works out more expensive than this, even if it includes the free insurance (which it may not do as you might not count as a Vauxhall retail customer).
Corsa SXi £159/m 0% offer - carl_a
I agree with you the Hyundai offers are no good now, and the isurance isn't valid because of the age restriction.

But I just checked the Vauxhall insurance and that isn't valid either because you have to have a licence for at least a year to get the offer. Its also only a corsa and something that most magazines/reviews don't rave about.

As for citroen offers the finance rate isn't fixed at the rate you surgested it just says (typical), really a visit to all the dealers is required to get the actual prices once discounts are in place.
Corsa SXi £159/m 0% offer - Blue {P}
I doubt that insurance will be a problem when he is 20 years old on a Corsa.

I drive a group 12 BMW 316i with 1 years no claims bonus and mine works out at about £120 pre month with Elephant, and yes, I pay this myself and it is in MY name, not the parent's.

If I was driving a Corsa SXi the premium drops by about half.

Blue
Corsa SXi £159/m 0% offer - J500ANT
The Vauxhall site doesnt tell you the terms and conditions with regard to the free insurance, so a trip to the dealers is in order. He passed his test in September 2004 so this may well be out of the window anyway.

We know the Corsa is an old model soon to be replaced, but as a 19yr old skaterboy a Hyundai just doesnt cut it. He would rather a C2, but the deals arent anywhere near as keen to be honest.

Will let you know further later this week, but thanks all for your input.

Tony
Corsa SXi £159/m 0% offer - mountainkat
shoot me down in flames by all means but if finances are the main concern wouldn't it make more sense to buy something 2/3yrs old saving a good few grand on new & using some of the savings to cover insurance costs ?

A 2/3yr old low insurance rated KA, Fiesta, Clio etc would probably be just as good & work out much cheaper overall - worth bearing in mind too that as a 19yr old the statistics reckon he's a fair chance of having an accident in the next couple of years so spending loads on a new motor is a slight risk ??

- nothing personal obviously just statistics !!