What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
are they're any good franchised dealers - mountainkat
just had CD player replaced under warranty on girlfriends 2004 Ford Fiesta at local Ford dealer & they couldn't even do that properly:

-- Didn't refit all of the fascia screws - nicely placed in ashtray !!

-- left dirt all over both sides of footwell

-- didn't bother to give us the new "keycode" for the Cd player

Fortunately as the work was under warranty it didn't cost us anything but it does really annoy me that they can't even be bothered to do a very simple job correctly - what's it like when thay have to do something a bit more complicated ?

Phoned the dealer to explain my disappointment & just got the usual "I'll let the manager know" .

{You may well be annoyed, but that doesn't excuse the swearing - which I've now deleted. DD
are they're any good franchised dealers - L'escargot
I don't think that you can blame "the dealer". You have probably just been unfortunate to have been served by the one incompetent person that the company employs. It can happen with any company. Ask to speak to the appropriate manager and discuss the matter calmly and rationally. I've no doubt that all your future business with this company will be completely to your satisfaction.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
are they're any good franchised dealers - Blue {P}
Most importantly make sure that they actually fix it, te screws should be properly replaced, and if the fascia rattles, take it back, and they should be giving you that code now as well.

Blue
are they're any good franchised dealers - wantone
dont think you can blame the dealer?
of course you do!!
most of us moan about the dealer(company) not individuals that work for them. if something goes wrong its the dealers fault.its just the way it is!
are they're any good franchised dealers - mountainkat
L'escargot,

Do you work for a franchised dealer by any chance, certainly have much more faith in them than the majority of us do.

-- Have to disagree with the blame thing, it is 100% the fault of the company, after all it employs & trains it's staff & should also make sure they do the job correctly. Sure the employee who did the work did a carp job but someone should have checked the car before it was returned to us

-- if a viable alternative existed I wouldn't tough my local Ford dealer with a bargepole, having had problems at their other site in my location too.
are they're any good franchised dealers - Sprice
Agreed, of course its the dealers fault. The one who fitted the CD player works for the dealer, simple as that. Just don't take a car to this dealership if you ever need a cylinder head etc replaced or you might find some cylinder head bolts left off!
are they're any good franchised dealers - L'escargot
If the standard of work done on my car is not acceptable (and on odd occasions over the last 40 years it hasn't been acceptable) I don't condemn that particular dealership out of hand. I discuss my grievance amicably with the service manager (or whoever is the appropriate person) and endeavour to get the work corrected. I then treat each subsequent visit on its own merits. As likely as not the offending employee will have moved on by then. In any case, his supervisor will only tolerate a certain number of complaints about his work. I like to think that I can see further than the end of my own nose. Regardless of the standard of previous work I will always want the convenience of being able to take my car to the nearest franchised dealer, not one that is miles away.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.