What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Buying new car from a broker - hjd
Has anyone done this and lived to tell us all the tale? Am considering buying a Mondeo estate. Went for a test drive yesterday and had the standard delaying tactics from the young salesman when trying to get a quote. Said very little discount available as all Ford incentives were currently on finance, which we don't want. Did the usual pretence of going to see the manager to see if he could get any more discount - do they really think we believe any of that?
Anyway, have quote for £2,500 less from broker (the one that's not narrow and slow) but just wanted a bit of reassurance!
Buying new car from a broker - Armitage Shanks {p}
If the broker's quote is in writing you could take it to the main dealer and use it as a bargaining point, if you want the reassurance of having main dealer back-up. You are right, last year Ford made more money financing cars than they did by making them.
Buying new car from a broker - Welliesorter
Do a search of past threads in this forum and you'll find plenty of reassurance.

All a broker does is negotiate the price and pass your order onto a proper dealer: it's no riskier than dealing with the dealer directly. The only potential problem is that the dealer may be some distance away from you. This only matters if something goes very badly wrong (badly enough for you to demand a full refund). For minor issues (things that need doing under the warranty) you can take the car to a local dealer.
Buying new car from a broker - RickyBoy
My current vehicle (purchased 21 months ago) price was initially sourced from a broker's advertisment via this website. I called and asked him who his supplier (UK dealer) was and would he mind if I dealt directly with them? He happily gave me his contact name & number and just asked me to mention his own name when calling them.

I made the arrangements for the test-drive direct with said UK dealer who was happy to give me the broker discount (whilst also offering both a decent trade-in price and the main manufacturer's 0% finance incentive which was operating at that time) without me ever having to talk to the broker again.

I guess the broker still took his 'cut' somewhere along the line but actually dealing with 'bricks & mortar premises/peope in the flesh' made me feel a whole lot more comfortable about the whole process than simply dealing with a 'remote phone line/virtual office'!
Buying new car from a broker - Blurred
Have you thought of using www.autoebid.com?
They reverse auction your requirements to a number of pre authorised brokers/ dealers to get you the very best price.

I am currently using them to source a car for my FIL. Some exceptionally good offers so far but I am waiting till the end of the auction on Friday before accepting.

Buying new car from a broker - Soupytwist
My father in law is currently waiting for delivery of a new Skoda Octavia sourced via the broker you may be referring to.

Quoted price has gone up by £300 (not sure why, and for reasons to complicated to mention here, were I to ask my FIL I don't think I'd be any the wiser) and the delivery has been delayed, apparentyl due to a fire at the Skoda factory.

Whether these things would apply to your Mondeo I can't say.
--
Matthew Kelly
No, not that one.
Buying new car from a broker - Soupytwist
That's "too complicated" obviously.

And before anyone asks, I did use the Simply Skoda link on this site before he placed the order but they were more expensive and he wouldn't pay the extra just 'cos I like this website! Whether their price would have gone up as well, I don't know.
--
Matthew Kelly
No, not that one.