French Fuel Prices - Big Bird
I'm off to Meribel early next month with SWMBO plus the two little birds - driving via chunnel and autoroute all the way to moutiers.

I know diesel is still cheap over there but how does unleaded compare - and is it worth coming off the autoroute to find a Carrefour etc for cheaper petrol?
- if so any tips on where they are close to the A26/A5/A31/A6 route to the alps?

ta
Dan
French Fuel Prices - PhilW
Fuel prices here
www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/fuel/motfue001.html

Not sure about unleaded but a month ago the diesel was about 10 centimes a litre (6p?) cheaper at supermarkets.
Unlike UK you will find that Carrefours, Auchan, Champion etc are signed off motorways either with their own signs or as "Centre Commercial" in most towns. There are also a few "Carrefour" service stations on the motorways with cheaper (but not "supermarket" prices, usually signed well ahead with fuel prices so you can compare with the next few services.
Maybe I should go skiing in the US instead - 27p a litre......
French Fuel Prices - PhilW
Just found this - map of Carrefour Service stations - quite a few on A6
www.carrefour.fr/ccm/content/categories/services/s...p

See here for complete list of Carrefours with maps of access
www.carrefour.fr/ccm/content/categories/votre-maga...e

Don't forget that the supermarkets petrol stations switch over to credit card payment by automatic machines in the evening - don't think our credit crds work in them (but will stand corrected if others know better)

PhilW 1 - Google 0

Dan