What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Whats the steps for spray paint - novice_on_cars
Hi and Happy New Year, it's been over a year since I last post

I made a mess last year on a touch up and over done sanding, a year and half later, there is small ring of rust so I should get it painted :)

I read this guide on halford, whould this be ok since i still have the paint cans, sanding paper and rubbing compound from last year
www.halfords.com/268.asp

I think im using the wrong colour primer because it looks like grey when i sanded and i bought white primer.

It's a ford Fiesta 2000 metallic java blue
Whats the steps for spray paint - mjm
If you have metallic paint you will need laquer as well. I assume that you have spray cans. You usually need to go well past the apparant area of damage to do a good job.
I recommend that you buy a decent book on paintwork repairs.
A good one is in the Osprey Restoration series called How To Restore Paintwork. ISBN No 0-85045-557-X
Whats the steps for spray paint - mfarrow
I did a sill repair job last year after an argument with a carpark ramp using just the instructions on the back of the can (Holts). When doing any painting/repair job, the saying is never truer that time spent on it is proportional to the quality of the finished job.

The problem with metallic paint is that you'll never get the graining to go in the same direction as the original coat, so there'll always be a visible difference between the new and old areas of paint.
Whats the steps for spray paint - DavidHM
Sorry if this sounds harsh but why on earth is a 4 - 5 year old car rusting, even if it is a Fiesta - certainly earlier ones rusted very early.

If it's anything to do with the bodge job you did earlier then you'll be out of luck with the warranty claim, but there is a chance that it'll be covered. My first port of call would be the dealer, although it may be that they won't be sympathetic.
It rusted because last year I tried to touch up but went wrong, I got fed up and had other stuff todo for uni, so i kind of ignore the problem until i had time and wait for next summmer to try again.

I thought i didn't reach bare metel yet but it's rusting so i guess i did, lol

I take a photo later, which will explain alot better.

totally my fault on the re-spraying, I rushed it and then left it as it is.

Whats the steps for spray paint - frostbite
"I take a photo later, which will explain alot better."

Unless I am mistaken, you won't be able to get that on here.

Unless I am mistaken, you won't be able to get that
on here.

Ok I post a link instead.
Whats the steps for spray paint - daveyK_UK
Dont worry about 4-5 year old fiestas rusting.

their is a kia ceranto in our fleet which already has rust on a wheel arch less than 4 months old!

kia and hyundia's paintwork is the worst anywhere.

Whats the steps for spray paint - martint123
Unless I am mistaken, you won't be able to get
that on here.

But you could here:-

groups.msn.com/honestjohn

Martin
So can I just follow the halfords guide or is there steps missing in it?