What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Automotive heaven - THe Growler
Look at that, all in black, AND a '64½ Mustang on the trailer.

www.fordvehicles.com/suvs/excursion

6.8 litres of V-10 gas, or 6.0 of V-8 diesel.

All those Secret Service guys in dark suits, raybans, thin ties, white shirts and jar-head haircuts leaping out menacingly to protect Harrison Ford....

I just got behind the wheel of one today (account to follow). Oh boy is that an SUV or what.

Just a pity Santa couldn't get it down the chimney.

Automotive heaven - Altea Ego
Just what you need to drive over all those blown down trees and floods out there at the mo?
Automotive heaven - No Do$h
Oh I want one of those. Especially if the 'stang comes with it.

:o)
Oh yes.

Automotive heaven - Imagos
Someone not too far from me owns one and I've seen it close up. They are huge absolutly huge!

Proper cars.. We are really to prissy over here to understand this type of vehicle.

When I win the lottery on saturday i'm visiting this site to place my order.. www.bauer-millett.com/

Like your style. You can see why my head is telling me to get a Saab 9-3 and my heart says "Touareg! Get the Touareg!"

My wallet is in hospital after having a coronary of its own.
www.bauer-millett.com/images/user/4x4New/HummerSUT...g

Ooooooooh, I've come over all "must remortgage the house".
Mmmmmm, F150 lightning.....

::drools::
my only choice of vee..hicle is this www.bauer-millett.com/images/user/4x4Used/RumbleBe...g

see y'all saturday.!
Suggestions for the backroom poll should be..

"Have you ever driven a V8?"

Proper engines in proper cars IMO

If you haven't you don't know what your missing.

If you have..nothing else will do.

I rest my case...

Of course nothing else will do: V-8's for 4 wheels, V-Twins for two. Better than **x, well, almost....
Automotive heaven - Kevin

www.bauer-millett.com/images/user/4x4New/HummerSUT...g

Met one on my drive home tonight. It's a real dazzler ;-) Those headlights are just about level with the roofline of most cars.

Give me a Lamborghini LM002.

Kevin...
Automotive heaven - henry k
I just got behind the wheel of one today (account to
follow). Oh boy is that an SUV or what.

>>

Behind the wheel may be OK but.

Friends I visited last summer in up state NY hired one and we were driven around in it over several days.

Two of our group who are both drivers could only travel up front because the ride was so bad it made them feel sick.
I was not too impressed with the ride in the rear seats.
This was on their roads. No fancy activities just driving around their town.
That makes it an even bigger truck for three people.
>>.
Two of our group who are both drivers could only travel
up front because the ride was so bad it made them
feel sick.
I was not too impressed with the ride in the rear
seats.

But that's the whole point of American vehicles, the flamboyance. Yeah we know their rubbish to drive and they have the build quality of a wheelie bin. Just marvel at their road presence and the gurgle of the V8 and the stares as you drive down the street. They have the 'I want one factor'

I'll say again, most of us just don't understand these type of vehicles.
Automotive heaven - patently
I'll say again, most of us just don't understand these type
of vehicles.

It's not difficult, though. I've only been here since Monday night and they're beginning to make sense. If you never get over 65, there are no bends to speak of, the gas price is negligible, and popping home to see the folks is a 6 hour drive, you don't feel like getting a Yaris.

I love the surreal feeling of seeing a sedan approach and thinking "town runabout". Then it gets closer, "Ah - a 5 series.."
Automotive heaven - SjB {P}
Yank friends of mine were horrified on arrival at LHR to find that their rental 'compact' was a one point diddly squat litre Euro Econohatch. They truly expected 'compact' to mean Mondeo as a minimum, and hopefully an Omega! On finding out what we pay for petrol though, and that those cross country roads that looked like the most direct route on the map and which allowed them to see our 'Quaint' and pleasant land, were actually barely wide enough in places for two cars to pass, they were rather glad that they were driving a Euro Econohatch.
I'm reminded of National Lampoons' European Vacation.....
Automotive heaven - Bagpuss
Not too keen on the yank SUVs (I'm on a very extended business trip to Northern California at the moment). But the Infiniti, Acura and Lexus SUVs that are available here but which you don't (yet) see in Europe are really awesome. The roads here are generally so badly surfaced that you want something comfortable and with ground clearance. Plus, in California, you spend one weekend fishing in the bay area, next weekend skiing in Tahoe so a bit of versatility and boot space for all the beer is called for.