Alfa Cam timing jigs - petronus
I'm rebuilding my fathers Alfa 166 2.5 V6 24v after the cam belt broke.The bent valves have been replaced and the heads are now back on. I've purchased a set of cam timing jigs from Alfa, and I also have a copy of the electronic manual. Unfortunately I cannot find the numbering sequence of the cylinders anywhere. Standing infront of the engine, from the pulley end, I'm sure that the first cylinder on the bank to my left is No. 1 heading back on that bank to 2 and 3, but the order of 4,5 & 6 on the right bank eludes me.
I know on which places on the heads the cam timing jigs fit but not which jig in which place. The four jigs are numbered: 1825040/1 DX S 1CIL ; 1825040/2 DX S 1CIL ; 1825040/3 SX S 4CIL ; 1825040/4 SX A 6CIL respectively.
The first number sequence is the part number, I think that SX means "Sinistra" for the left head and DX "Dritto" for the right head.
The 1CIL, 4CIL and 6CIL must be cylinder numbers. And I assume that the "S" and "A" refer to Inlet and exhaust but I don't know which way round as I have found several translations for each.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Alfa Cam timing jigs - Aprilia
Standing in front of the car looking at the engine the back left is No.1 then 2 then 3 (working left to right).

The front left cylinder is No 4 then 5 then 6 (working left to right).

Can't help on the jigs.