What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta Water Leak - Desb
I have noticed that my Fiesta (W reg 2000 1.4 zetec A/C) has a water leak in the passenger footwell. This only seems to have appeared after driving in very heavy rain. Are there any common things to check ?
Thanks

Des
Ford Fiesta Water Leak - Dynamic Dave
Are there any common things to check ?

Yep. The pollen filter cover. Make sure it is securely fitted. A forum search will provide more details.
Think you might be correct. Checked a few of these on the forum and I have just seen a drip of water from the heater module.

Have checked the filter unit and there are 2 plastic clips on the front giving access to the filter and what looks like a screw hole (no screw) in the middle of these.
Is this where the sealing is supposed to be there is no rubber or any other seal here just the plastic molding.

Or do you mean where the unit bolts onto the bulkhead (I see 2 8mm bolts) this looks OK but there are damp patches around it.

Thanks

Desb
Ford Fiesta Water Leak - madf
Notorios for leaks from all hose entries (heater especially) into cabin. Out with the watering can to test. Then dry it out and silicon sealant the offender.

madf

All sorted.

many thanks for the advice.
Took the car to my local garage (Prince Brothers , Twyford, Reading). They fixed it by clearing out the A/C plenum chamber drain tube. They reckoned this is a common cause. Took them 10 mins and no charge. Top marks to them.