What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fiat Punto mk2 radio - Ford Dagenham
Hello

I have just installed a radio on my friends vehicle

Its a 1,2 mk2 fiat punto (Basic model)

We have installed the subwoofer Blaupunkt fiat radio

When we switch it on it says check

We have found a forum that says two wired are missing because the basic model was not issued with a better radio

What would it take to get this good radio working
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
Fiat Punto mk2 radio - Adam {P}
Have you tried the harness adapters that most of them need?

Best bet is Halfords. YOu can try the website and if the cd player is there, you select that, then the make of car and the site tells you what adapter you need.

Like I said - my money's on the adapter - about 7 quid.
Adam
Fiat Punto mk2 radio - Civic8
To hazard a guess.a power amp.power connection ie seperate.as with any power amp direct connection to battery to power amp/fused.should be used.continual feed is taken from radio.as I recall its blue.that is amp is connected full time but switches in only when radio is on.if yours has amp built in which I doubt.no reason why it wont work.if seperate will need amp and connections.I stand corrected if wrong?
--
Was mech1
Hi

The radio iam upgrading to is a fiat radio from the next model (elx)

how would the adaptor fix the proglem when its iso anyway

Halfords say there isnt one for this car
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
Fiat Punto mk2 radio - JohnPug
There won't be an adaptor, as they connect with ISO's.
Have you entered the right radio code? They all come with a 4 digit code and if it's been entered wrong more than 3 times "CHECK" is displayed.
Hi

Are you sure that Check stays lit if the code has been incorrectly entered 3 times

how long do we have to wait for it to say code

Regards
J Stephenson
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
Sorry misunderstood your question at first.

do you know make and model radio is?
--
Was mech1
Fiat Punto mk2 radio - Kingpin
I have the same car as you, 2001 1.2 base model. Reading from my Punto Audio handbook, the section which describes the ELX stereo with sub-woofer:

"The sound system is equipped with an antitheft system based on the data exchange between the sound system and the car's Body Computer electronic control unit. This system ensures top security and avoids the need to enter the secret code whenever the sound system power is disconnected. After each disconnection, an automatic check procedure is run. During this time the message "CHECK" appears on the display. The protection system makes the sound system useless if removed from the dashboard. A secret code is provided in any case so that the sound system can be used in different Fiat Punto from the one it was originally fitted in. The code will allow you to use the radio even if the Body Computer is different."

There is a code card, Blaupunkt, with a diagram showing the stereo and location of serial number and secret code. This secret code is required to use the sound system in another Fiat Punto with a different Body Computer from where the stereo was originally fitted.
Hi

How do i enter the code if all it says is check

The radio iam fitting is the elx subwoofer version its blaupunkt we have its code
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
I havent checked this out but try webb site.you may be able to get manual from them?

www.blaupunkt.co.uk/8.asp

--
Was mech1
Fiat Punto mk2 radio - paul2910
Did you ever get to the bottom of the "check" code on this radio??

Paul