What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Best place to buy a used Focus - arnold2
Friend wants to buy a 1.6 Focus, not too old (3 year) ... via Ford's Direct web site the prices seem awfully high - what's the best place to buy one ?!
Best place to buy a used Focus - paulb {P}
Unless your friend is particularly keen on the manufacturer's approved used scheme (which I assume is what Ford Direct is), wouldn't one of the supersites be more to the point? Every advert I see for these places seems to feature an abundance of Foci, both new and used.
Best place to buy a used Focus - Wales Forester
The only real advantages to buying 'Ford Direct' are that you have 30 days to change a vehicle without quibble, 2 years warranty and 2 years RAC cover.

Unfortunately the warranty is not what it used to be, my partners 52 plate Focsu has developed a leak from the screenwash bottle/pump which we are told is not covered by the warranty.

I'd take the advice already posted and look around the car supermarkets, their prices are far below Ford Direct and you can always buy an aftermarket warranty to cover the important bits and pieces.

PP
Best place to buy a used Focus - Klout
I bought an ex-fleet Focus LX a couple of weeks ago at Plough Lane, Wimbledon Auctions. I am really pleased with it.

There were about half a dozen or so for sale on the day, and they all seemed to be fairly priced, about £1000 - £1500 less than the equivlent S/H car in the Ford dealership opposite.

I hadn't driven a Focus before I bought it, so I was really surprised to find that I actually prefer it to my Audi A4, in particular the road holding, suspension and power steering.

The only thing I really didn't like about it was the Ford branded radio-cassette which is about the size of a small suitcase and about as entertaining. That's already been changed, and the car is now happily cruising the highways and byways of South Devon.

It might be worth checking your local auction then.
Best place to buy a used Focus - Vansboy
Currently showing 491 available in Auction View, link to our left! Should find one in there, you like.

They do seem to sell well, fetching a good price - but theres always another one along in a minute!!

VB