What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Free Honda workshop manuals online - Aprilia
For those of you that own older Hondas you might like to check out the link below from Honda UK - they have full workshop manuals online in pdf format - very useful indeed (and let's hope more manufacturers do this!):

www.honda.co.uk/owner/workshopmanuals.html
Free Honda workshop manuals online - Ben79
Thats impressive, can we have the same thing please Mr Citroen?
Free Honda workshop manuals online - Mikey Jay
Very useful to be able to download a workshop manual Aprilia. My last Honda manual cost me £60 from Honda and that was for a photocopied version! Still it did contain I think at leat 900 pages. They make fascinating reading. I'm not joking. BTW I noticed from my workshop manual that the brakes on my Prelude have 3 front shims on each of the front wheels and I think 2 shims on the rear. A well known fast fit outfit did the brakes last,(I have the receipt from the previous owner), and they fitted new pads all round without installing the shims. Do you think this is a "hanging offence"?. Do all brake disc pads have shims? and shouldn't I take it up with the garage who did them last? I think the absence of shims may be causing the brakes to bind and is causing premature wear to pads and discs. Sorry if this is going off the theme of your thread. Best wishes,Mike.
Free Honda workshop manuals online - dba
are these the same manuals that you can buy on Cd-rom off Ebay? thanks
Free Honda workshop manuals online - Richard Huddleston
Mike. Strange that newer cars don't have shims despite bing exactly the same one-pot design as they've always been. I rackon plenty of copper-slip behind the pad and on all sliding parts does the trick. Which incidentally can be bought in about 500gram tubs for about £8 so don't buy tubes.
Regards.
Free Honda workshop manuals online - Mikey Jay
This is strange as you say Richard. My pads appear to have been installed without copper-slip. Of course the pistons corrode eventually because of the mixture of alumunium and steel. I've now gone to the expense of buying new shims which may or may not fit generic pads ie. pads made by other manufacturers. I also got the cam belt changed because of lack of evidence of this being done, only to find the old belt in perfect, yes perfect condition! The marking on the Honda belt was 0-06, which I take to mean june 2000 Oh the misery of trying to get things right! This is our reward for focussing on the mundane instead of real issues. Regards,Mike.