Primera / any car : Cooling system flush - PrimeraOwner
Primera 1.5Si 1997
I started doing this last weekend. Ran up the engine a bit, drained the radiator, emptied the overflow tank.
I then opened the bleed screws for the main cylinder block collant system but couldn't find the drain plug and when I thought I had it I couldn't open it. I hooked up the appropriate hoses and flushed through the bits I could with a hose but the cylinder block will not be fully flushed.
I filled up 70/30 with water/coolant. It still looks pretty watery in there though.
My quaestions are would a week without proper coolant / diluted coolant cause a problem?
Should I use distilled water? I'd prefer to though the water here is soft but not sure it' mineral content.
Is the radiator flush another snake-oil treatment like the engine flush? Might I better use this flushing lotion to clean out the central heating at home?
Primera / any car : Cooling system flush - jc
I've used it in the past in an overheating Cortina-not the single can one but one that used threee different cans-it certainly worked ,it cured the overheating and you could see bare metal inside the header tank but on another car it disclosed a crack in the casing of the water pump which must have been blocked for years with muck and corrosion.
Primera / any car : Cooling system flush - henry k
but on another car it disclosed
a crack in the casing of the water pump which must
have been blocked for years with muck and corrosion.

>>
I had an identical problem with my Sierra but using a single bottle flush. A hairline crack in the water pump flange that I eventually identified three gaskets later. Just as well it was easy to get to. I was pleased with the flushing inspite of the problem.
Primera / any car : Cooling system flush - Aprilia
If your '97 Primera has had regular (two-yearly) coolant changes then it should be very clean inside.
A week with a weak mixture won't do it any harm.

Get *proper* branded Nissan antifreeze concentrate from the dealer (its not expensive) and mix it 50/50 with distilled water from a motor factor (£2-£3 for 5 litres).

If you are feeling extravagant you could do 2x fill-and-empty to ensure it is all clean.

I wouldn't use a flushing agent in any car of mine unless I was desperate.
Primera / any car : Cooling system flush - PrimeraOwner
If your '97 Primera has had regular (two-yearly) coolant changes then
it should be very clean inside.

It was quite clean. I coudln't ne bothered using the flushing agent anyway.
A week with a weak mixture won't do it any harm.
Get *proper* branded Nissan antifreeze concentrate from the dealer (its not
expensive)

I got Mobil 1 dear stuff (pink) from Halfords with enhanced corrosion protection.

and mix it 50/50 with distilled water from a motor

I mixed up somewhere between 50/50 and 60/40 coolant:distilled water
factor (£2-£3 for 5 litres).

I had to get it at Asda as my chemical suppliers FISchem.co.uk and Apex chemicals are closed Sundays but distilled water is distilled water.
If you are feeling extravagant you could do 2x fill-and-empty to
ensure it is all clean.

I filled up last week but it wouldn't have circulated properly and would have been mixed with old coolant as I never got the cylinder block drain plug off with not having the right socket.
I flushed and filled up this week then I couldn't find the drain plug and wasn't paying attention, filled up and lost much of it. I left the water hose in for about 15 minutes when I flushed it so it's had a good clean.
I wouldn't use a flushing agent in any car of mine
unless I was desperate.