What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford mondeo brake judder - ajsdoc
Just got back from 2 weeks holiday when my car has not been used. When driving it today had marked judder when pressing brake pedal. No problems when pedal not pressed. No problems if handbrake applied whilst moving. Brakes not seized on when first moving off.

Any ideas what this will be (brakes had very mild judder prior to holiday but nothing like they are now)

All help appreciated.
Ford mondeo brake judder - kithmo
Possibly cracked front discs.
Ford mondeo brake judder - Civic8
Could be slighty warped disc/discs.if badly warped would cause brake pedal pumping action which you would feel through pedal.
Ford mondeo brake judder - Sooty Tailpipes
Warped discs, dur to poor quality/overheating or irregular cooling such as by immesion in water orgetting them very hot, then sitting stood still with footbrake holding the car ....sometimes overtightened lug bolts increase the chances of warpage.
Ford mondeo brake judder - 659FBE
Given that your car has been laid up for a while, the cause of the brake judder is almost certainly a rust patch on one or more disk surface, corresponding to the position the pads were in when the car was left standing. As the pads absorb water, this can sometimes cause a very deep rust pit.

Examine the disk surfaces carefully; replacement disks may be required.

Ford mondeo brake judder - ajsdoc
Thanks for replies. Took car in - didn't really have time to do myself and MOT is due soon anyway. Had to replace front wishbones (apparantley common on Mondeos) but judder persisted so they then proceeded to replace disks and pads.

In the end I'm glad I left it with them - they had to keep it a second day to get the disks off - apparantley it was as if they were welded on and they said they smashed and then had to be cut off with a hacksaw!??

Anyway £330 lighter in the pocket but new brakes, wishbones and an MOT certificate so trying to look on the bright side. Thanks for everyones help.

Andy
Ford mondeo brake judder - jc
When you replace them ,put a thin smear of copper grease between the two mating faces.