New Fiesta 2003 startup failure! - Tiptronic Fiesta '03 New Shape
Hello,

I just bought a Fiesta 1.4 with Tiptronic Transmission. Car is second hand but it\'s mileage is only at 2300km round the clock.

My problem is about the ignition. Usually after half an hour break between driving, it happens. The engine cranks but not fire and fails to start. It may take 2-3 times to retry. After that engine starts slowly. It does not happen all the time.

The most important thing is I spoke with the first owner to know why she sold the car only after using 2 months! She said the car does not start at first run after she stops for supermarket. Which also happened to me. I have read Mondeo and Focus boards and tried to get something out for me but, I don\'t think my problem is same. May be using 2 micron filter might be the solution. The first owner said they took the car to Ford and asked to have this fixed and they could not! I suppose they have decided to re-sell it without fixing the problem after 8.5 months of doing nothing.

If you have the same car you would ofcourse know but, I will write again for those who may not know. To start the car you must:

1 - Position the shift at neutral
2 - Press brake
3 - Ignate

Tonight I have tried for 30 times and it started fine, I will try some more now. This is something I have to solve because Ford mechanics are aware of the problem since last year from the first owner and I don\'t expect them to know any better.

I have the car for 5 days now, I liked it so much and I want to solve this problem. If anybody has any clue please drop me a line.