What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Suzuki Celerio 2018 UK - Swift Owner

Hi all, I have just put a deposit on a 2018 Celerio with only (supposedly) 9800 on the clock. To pick up tomorrow.

There are 2 things that are bothering me though. You have to use a key manually to open it and the very high clutch biting point. I have been awake all night wondering if I'm doing the right thing.

I currently own a Swift which I have had from new since 2008 and I feel as if I'm going backwards in comparison. I will be sad to see it go

Can anything be done about this clutch?

Suzuki Celerio 2018 UK - elekie&a/c doctor
Looks like you’ll be going back to the previous decade . Swift has got to be a better option.
Suzuki Celerio 2018 UK - paul 1963

Probably been owned by a elderly person and they've been riding the clutch, not sure if if it's adjustable?

Worth mentioning it to the seller before you hand over your money, not much you can do.about the use of a key to.unlock it tbh, nothing fundamentally wrong with a Celerio, there basic simple cars.

As mentioned in your other thread you maybe better off investing in getting the swift sorted?

Suzuki Celerio 2018 UK - Xileno

Ideally you need to compare the clutch with another Celerio. It may be that the model just has a higher bite point compared to what you're used to.

About a year ago I had a hire Picanto which was the opposite. It had (to me) a ridiculously low bite point.

Suzuki Celerio 2018 UK - galileo

Ideally you need to compare the clutch with another Celerio. It may be that the model just has a higher bite point compared to what you're used to.

About a year ago I had a hire Picanto which was the opposite. It had (to me) a ridiculously low bite point.

There is a large nut on the clutch end of the cable to adjust it, reachable behind the front bumper on i10 Hyundai so probably also on Picanto.

Suzuki Celerio 2018 UK - skidpan

There is a large nut on the clutch end of the cable to adjust it, reachable behind the front bumper on i10 Hyundai so probably also on Picanto.

OP is looking ar a Celerio (Suzuki) and not a Picanto (Kia) or i10 (Hyundai). Nothing in common, highly likely adjustment will be different.

For the record we got the uncle a 2018 Celerio in 2019. He did 3500 miles in 4 years and had no issues before sending his licence back. Wife and myself drove it quite often and cannot remember anything unusual with the clutch pedal

OP is looking ar a Celerio (Suzuki) and not a Picanto (Kia) or i10 (Hyundai). Nothing in common, highly likely adjustment will be different.

For the record we got the uncle a 2018 Celerio in 2019. He did 3500 miles in 4 years and had no issues before sending his licence back. Wife and myself drove it quite often and cannot remember anything unusual with the clutch pedal

I was going to say the same!

A little research appears to show the clutch cable can be adjusted, hope the op gets back to us.

Hi do you know if this was this the basic model?

Suzuki Celerio 2018 UK - Engineer Andy

I doubt if the trim level or, more latterly the two variants in 1L engine offer make any difference to the clutch Suzuki used in the car. I had a 2016 model (not sure which trim level it was, but it was with the lesser powered engine) as a courtesy car for a couple days (17 mile mixed driving commute) whilst my 2005 Mazda3 was in for a clutch change at the main dealer (which was a combined Mazda and Suzuki dealership at that time), and the clutch seemed fine.

If anything, I thought that the driving position wasn't that great (for me anyway) - I felt that the seat was too high or that the gear level and especially handbrake was positioned too low.

Other than that, it was fine to drive around town, quite nippy, but was susceptible to being blown around a bit on more exposed roads at higher speeds, because it's quite a high-sided car as well as being light. Very good on mpg as I recall.

Hi and thank you all for your messages.

I think I will go for something else. I only want something small as I only do about 4/5000 a year mileage.

Unfortunately I can't have my deposit back but it is transferable.

Suzuki Celerio 2018 UK - Andrew-T

I only want something small as I only do about 4/5000 a year mileage.

I'm not sure how your annual mileage relates to the size of the car ? :-)

True!

Ok I only want something small, economical. Easy to park! :-)

I did test drive a Nissan Micra, which was lovely to drive but I thought it was too long for me and a very small back window. (The new shape) No sensors.

Did you pay the deposit on line or by phone before inspecting the car ?

I did test drive the car 2 days ago.

The low mileage, nice & clean, looked quite new swayed me. So paid the deposit there and then. So my fault, I should have thought it over more.

That’s ok . If you had paid a deposit without actually viewing the car in the flesh , then you would have been covered by the distance selling regulations, and would be entitled to a full refund.

Ask the seller to take a look at the clutch, if it's a matter of a simple adjustment there shouldn't be a problem.

Most Celerio's where bought by elderly folk and very lightly used, yes there fairly basic but shouldn't give any trouble.

Thank you all so much for your replies.

Update ... I went to look at some more cars today & I have decided to buy a 2017 Vaxhaul Viva SE instead, I did test drive it and preferred it to the Celerio.

Viva , not sure about that. Have you considered a Toyota Aygo or a Hyundai i10 . Both the next level of quality and refinement.

Oh do they not have very good reviews? :(

Check out honest John car reviews. Click on top left icon of this page .

Nothing intrinsically wrong with a Viva, Vauxhalls equivalent of a Celerio imho.

Nothing intrinsically wrong with a Viva, Vauxhalls equivalent of a Celerio imho.

Probably true other than the barmy price when new.

The model we got for the uncle was the SZ2, they got no more basis than that. Compared to most other cars of 2018 it had little in the way of kit but compared to the 2003 Fiesta Style he was driving at the time it was well equipped.

I doubt if the trim level or, more latterly the two variants in 1L engine offer make any difference to the clutch Suzuki used in the car. I had a 2016 model (not sure which trim level it was, but it was with the lesser powered engine) as a courtesy car for a couple days (17 mile mixed driving commute) whilst my 2005 Mazda3 was in for a clutch change at the main dealer (which was a combined Mazda and Suzuki dealership at that time), and the clutch seemed fine.

Was not aware that there were 2 variants of the engine available, the price list at the time only showed the 3 trim specs (SZ2, SZ3 and SZ4) with the only options being auto (not on all trims) and colour.

So I have done a bit of digging.

Seems there was the "standard" engine used on early cars and the "dualjet" used on later ones but to further confuse matters the SZ2 may have used the "standard" engine for entire model run.

One thing seems certain, both engines had 68 bhp. The only difference seems to be the dualjet had twin plus and supposedly lower emissions. Never looked to see if the uncles had 3 or 6 plugs.

During the 6 months me and the wife used it to take him shopping the dash said about 57 mpg despite Yorkshire being plagued with hills, plenty of revs needed.

One pointless bit of info I did read, in some markets an 800cc 2 cylinder diesel was sold. Bet that was a cracker!!!!

The Viva has a lot more features than the Celero too.

Cruise control

Electric/heated mirrors

Remote locking

Air con

Bluetooth, USB audio connection, and steering wheel mounted audio controls

So a bit more for my money

The Viva has a lot more features than the Celero too.

Cruise control

Electric/heated mirrors

Remote locking

Air con

Bluetooth, USB audio connection, and steering wheel mounted audio controls

So a bit more for my money

Care to post a link to the car? Has it got any service history? I'm sure we would all like to take a look at it.