What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Suzuki - New swift - paul 1963

Had the new Swift nearly a week now, so far only put around 100 miles on it but very pleased with it so far, display is saying its averaging 61mpg just around town, happy with that!

New engine is a peach, very quite and smooth, honestly can't tell its only a three cylinder, one thing I have noticed about it is the absence of a external exhaust manifold, cat bolts straight onto the head.

Really like the colour ( cool yellow, probably not for everyone but I fancied something a little brighter), I've taken the time to get some protection on the paint and wheels with the upcoming autumn and winter.

Inside some of the reviews mention some of plastics are a little hard and scratchy but I don't know about others but I don't sit in a car and rub the interior, it's actually a nice place to be, the infotainment is easy to use, plenty of physical buttons for controlling the heating and major functions.

A few observations: The seats are rather narrow and do wrap around you, I find them.lovely and supportive but they probably wouldn't suit a larger person, I'm physically distinctly average size wise.

There's no height adjustment on the passenger seat, wife's not bothered and loves the heated seat but it's seems a strange omission.

The front end looks a little unfinished to my eyes and unless there built into the headlights and I've not found the button there doesn't seem to be front fog lights fitted?

Being a new modern car there are a lot of bongs, beeps and pings giving various warnings of change of speed limit, exceeding the posted speed limit etc most of which I've manged to turn off.

More updates as the mileage increases....

Edited by paul 1963 on 30/09/2024 at 09:48

Suzuki - New swift - Oli rag

They do look a good car. I think they'll sell a lot of them.

Suzuki - New swift - tim10597

My daughter picked her new Swift automatic up at the beginning of September, having traded in her Baleno. She loves the new car, it’s comfortable and certainly economical, averaging about 55mpg I think but mainly over shorter runs.

I’ve driven it once and it feels fairly nippy for a non-turbo, but the speed warning sound irritates me, it thinks the speed limit where we live is 5mph. Have you found a way to disable that permanently? She’s doing it each time she goes out up to now.

A very good car and I suspect will be of interest to anyone looking for a replacement for a Fiesta!

Suzuki - New swift - Engineer Andy

Sadly that bonging warning malarchy is par for the course with the modern car. Whilst most can be turned off one way or the other, it is normally a temporary measure as they are 'safety' devices and thus are re-enabled when the car is next re-started.

Takes the remaining fun out of the driving experience, which is a real shame. The daft thing is that such gadgetry is still nowhere near foolproof and IMHO cannot match the skills of a competent driver, and I suspect the makers over-compensate by making these 'features' give some false positives.

I'm glad those here who've bought the new Swift like it.

BTW - has anyone noticed the reviews section has changed (the Swift being one that has) so that the models & specs details have gone for all the latest cars? I was trying to look up details about the different engine and trim combos for the Swift and...nothing, just a general review. You'd have to visit the Suzuki website or HJ rival sites to find out what is available and the technical details.

Just not as good as the site used to be in that regard - less thorough.

Suzuki - New swift - paul 1963

Tim, it seems the speed warning 'bong' is the only function you can't permanently disable sadly.

Andy, there's only one engine, 1.2, na 3 cylinder and two trim levels both available with a choice of manual or automatic transmission, from memory I think there's 6 different colours to choose from, a rather hideous orange being being the only no cost option, you can also have 4 wheel drive ( manual gearbox only).

Edit: There's also two different styles of wheels both shod with yokahama tyres.

Edited by paul 1963 on 01/10/2024 at 08:32