What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
The Electric Vehicle (EV) thread Vol 12 - Xileno

In this thread you may:

Ask any question for EVs which you need help, advice, suggestions or whatever

Discuss articles that have been hosted elsewhere (this may be reviewed after a while to see how it's working)

NB Some EV subjects may be more appropriate to continue in a separate thread. An example might be if someone is looking to buy a new car and giving an account of test-driving several ICE and EV vehicles. Another example might be if someone is giving an update on the EV they have bought and wants to feedback their experiences to others. Moderators will use their discretion in situations like these.

Rules:
No or minimal politics
No arguments or slanging matches
Nothing which we think is not following the spirit of the thread
Nothing that risks the future of this site (please see forum terms and conditions)

Any of the above are likely to be deleted. If the thread becomes difficult to maintain it will be removed.

When a thread gets to a certain size it will be made read-only and a new Volume created.

This is Volume 12. Previous Volumes will not be deleted but will get locked.

A list of previous Volumes can be found HERE

PLEASE NOTE:

When posting a NEW issue for discussion, please "Reply to" the first message in this thread, i.e. this one. This keeps each question in its own separate segment and stops each new question from getting mixed up in amongst existing questions. Also please remember to change the subject header.

Edited by Xileno on 21/09/2024 at 08:18

The Electric Vehicle (EV) thread Vol 12 - madf

"The Chinese outfit also had the least reliable EV – the MG4 – which received an overall mark of 63.8%"

cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/mg-named-the-most-...3

The Electric Vehicle (EV) thread Vol 12 - Ethan Edwards

From your link -Most unreliable electric SUV. Vauxhall Mokka-e suggesting the MG4 is therefore better. So how can that be true? Confusing.

As for the Mokka-e yes some do appear to have some resident gremlins. Mine so far has been flawless over three years of use. Wish I could say the same for the Vauxhall App. This really has problems, not least of which is a sudden refusal to talk to the car or my phone. Perhaps it's upset?

I do know Stellantis in their wisdom equipped the Mokka-e with a 3g modem, so it could talk to the net, over the air upgrades etc. All well and good but there's no longer a 3g network where I live. So now I'm reliant on the sketchy home wifi signal making it's way out to my garage. Which is a shame as the App tells me the EVs status allows cabin preheat in winter etc. Quite useful.

No fix has yet been offered by Vauxhall.

So I'm taking this tale of woe, woe and thrice woe, with appropriate pinch of sodium chloride. Titter ye not.

The Electric Vehicle (EV) thread Vol 12 - alan1302

From your link -Most unreliable electric SUV. Vauxhall Mokka-e suggesting the MG4 is therefore better. So how can that be true? Confusing.

The MG4 is a classed as a hatchback and not an SUV, so the MG4 is worse than the Mokka, but the Mokka is the worst SUV EV

The Electric Vehicle (EV) thread Vol 12 - Ethan Edwards

The MG4 is a classed as a hatchback and not an SUV, so the MG4 is worse than the Mokka, but the Mokka is the worst SUV EV

OK but surveys meh. My three years of Mokka-e ownership has been flawless.

The Electric Vehicle (EV) thread Vol 12 - mcb100
Drive home last night in a Citroen E-C3, ‘mine’ for the next 2-3 weeks.
Starting price is £21,252 for the Plus and £22,502 for the better equipped Max.
95% of my mileage so far has been in heavy rain on the M6/M56/M60, so I’m not really in a position to offer much feedback, but it’s got very comfortable seats and a supple ride and wireless CarPlay works well.
It’s a 44kW/h battery, with just under 200 miles WLTP range and a power output of 83kW or 113PS.
More thoughts about it as I drive it on urban roads next week.
The Electric Vehicle (EV) thread Vol 12 - Brit_in_Germany

Here is an updated study of the experienced drop off of battery capacity.

www.geotab.com/blog/ev-battery-health/