What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford fusion 1.4 petrol - Ford Fusion Rear wheel bearing - colin sanderson sanderson

The hub nuts vary 30mm is a bit too big. Found that 1" 1/8" 12 point was an hammer on fit for removal and needed to be used to fit new one the old hub nut can be used as a tool to remove the old one and the old bearing shell can be used for pressing in the last few millimetres, any thing providing its larger will do for rest of way.

A kit for £30 is useful but you need to still improvise using old parts to do the job and could buy threaded bar nut washers but the saving would not be great and you could sell the kit when no longer needed. Not sure if you can reuse certain hub nut as some are not laminated and not destroyed on removal. They vary in size and a Borg and Beck laminated one was a slightly better fit on 30mm socket and was able to fit with standard 3g0mm socket but not a good fit as we used to have in the old days.

The non laminated hub nuts supllied in some kits - are they reusable? I have seen the laminated fitted without the cage by one garage I used to go to that is obviously wrong. I am only fitting my own because those hub with ready fitted bearings By Comline only lasted 11 months. Not that sure about borge and Beck as they have been taken over, I have a Nappa bearing but arrive too late. NOT SURE WHO TO TRUST ANYMORE.

Tidied a bit to try and make the question stand out for those who may be able to help - Mod

Edited by Xileno on 07/06/2024 at 16:57

Ford fusion 1.4 petrol - Ford Fusion Rear wheel bearing - bathtub tom

Tidied a bit to try and make the question stand out for those who may be able to help - Mod

Good grief! How did it read before?

Ford fusion 1.4 petrol - Ford Fusion Rear wheel bearing - elekie&a/c doctor
All a bit confusing. If you want quality, then go to a Ford main dealer. The prices will probably put you off , even if you actually get the parts for a car this old . Nappa are a re- boxing company. They buy In products from all over the world are put it in their own brand box .