What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda motorcycle - Insurance Claim - johncyprus

I was knocked off my motorcycle by a panel van yesterday who drove off without stopping. I’ve got the index number however it is recorded as uninsured on the insurance database. The bike is a write off and I have fully comp cover. I can’t identify the driver so I can’t see the Police being able to help.( I reported the RTA to the Police online ). My insurance company want to take my bike away to their “ centre” where it will be assessed.
It’s been 15 years since I had an accident and the last time an insurance assessor came to my home to inspect the damaged motorcycle.
Can I insist that the assessor comes to see the bike where it currently is, ie my home? They tell me that is not possible. I’m concerned that once the bike disappears into their “ system “ my rights and negotiating position re settlement may be diminished. I’m insured with Zurich but the claim is being dealt with by an accident management company.

Edited by johncyprus on 21/06/2023 at 14:20