S for a load of bull? - hillman
Saw a TV advert tonight, depicting a man riding and subduing a really mean and powerful looking bull. Would I be tempted to buy something so obviously dangerous, something that would turn and discombuberate me if I lost concentration for a just a moment? Are the advertising bods losing it?
My wife, who is wiser in these things, said that the bull was obviously sedated, any lessons in that?
S for a load of bull? - M.M
What is the ad? I'm well up on bull riding and will tell you if it is an example of a genuine ride.

M.M
S for a load of bull? - jd
The ad is for the Audi S4.

Guess it's something on the lines of harnessing all that power.

JD
S for a load of bull? - GrumpyOldGit
Have to agree Hillman - it surprised me too when I saw it and I thought exactly the same as you, do I want a car that's so diffcult to control? It wouldn't put me off buying an S4 (given a lottery win!) but did strike me as a very strange way to promote a car.
S for a load of bull? - volvoman
Given its emphasis on the taming of raw power, I think the ad's designed for 2 basic types of driver:

a) those macho types who constantly need to be challenged whilst driving, believe they're more capable than everyone else (and like to tell everyone) and relish the prospect of putting such a car through its paces whilst mere mortals gaze in startled admiration.

b) those who have more money than sense.
S for a load of bull? - AR-CoolC
Or it could be just an eye catching ad that people remember !!!

Some marketing type has earned their Christmas bonus.
S for a load of bull? - volvoman
Yes - for marketeers being eyecatching and intriguing is important but being, say, irresponsible or distasteful might just have a detrimental effect on sales. I won't be buying an S4 or drawn towards Audi as a result of the add but then it wasn't designed to attract the likes of me.
I think this ad pretty much sums up a lot of what's worst in car advertising.
S for a load of bull? - Steve S
Sort of agree with you VM but all advertising is designed to make you feel good about yourself - it's just a case which aspects make which people feel good isn't it?

For my part I thought the S4 advert was rather good - the "tamed" bull representing power under control? Presumably a subliminal reference to the "quattro" system.

But there again I could be reading far too much into it.

It get's the H/C sound up to window shaking levels, that's for sure.

S for a load of bull? - matt35 {P}
No experience of the dangers of bulls - but two hours ago of a lady driver reversing about 3 feet into my front end and telling me it was her husbands fault for fitting the towbar which ruined the front number plate - the towbar was protruding all of two inches.
She gave me her phone number and said to send the bill - wonder if I had not been sitting in the car?
Matt35.
S for a load of bull? - matt35 {P}
As a PS,

Ordered a new number plate from H R Owen at 2.30...

'Might be a delay due to holidays...'

3.40 - plate is ready and in mail today - £8.81 including VAT and postage...

Called lady at 4.20 - asked her to give this to Salvation Army - she will give them a tenner...could have been a lot worse!

Matt35.
S for a load of bull? - hillman
Hillwoman pointed out that the bull gave in far too quickly and that it was staggering sideways as the clip ended. Does that suggest a big shot of valium?