What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz - Car FOBS For Honda Jazz - Mmarsh1972

Hello

I lost my spare car FOB and need to buy a replacement. I dont want to go the dealership to pay their extortionist rate.

The car is a 2012 and I am pretty sure the Model of the FOB is HLIK-1T/CE0891 (unfortunately the sticker on my FOB got ripped away)

However the original FOB isnt available anymore but the HKIK-3T is. Sites do say its compatible with my Model car

You think its safe?

Honda Jazz - Car FOBS For Honda Jazz - elekie&a/c doctor
It’s all very well buying a keyfob from the internet, but how are you going to get it to work? The key is coded to the car and needs to be done via the diagnostic system.
Honda Jazz - Car FOBS For Honda Jazz - _

Go to Timpsons in a retail park near you

Honda Jazz - Car FOBS For Honda Jazz - paul 1963

Can they code the key to the car?

Some cars, Yes, Go with the key you have and ask.

Honda Jazz - Car FOBS For Honda Jazz - Bolt

Some cars, Yes, Go with the key you have and ask.

If the same as Civic, which I got Timpsons to make me 2 spares, the car allows 3 keys according to them, they cut 2 and programmed for my Civic in less than 20 minutes for £120 iirc- I just had to leave my key with them while shopping

Honda wanted £260 for one key cut and program iirc

Ps if you bought one from Japan likely it won`t work, I paid £16.00 for one from ebay but it couldn`t be programmed, Timpsons said it was faulty. so I binned it, never again

Edited by Bolt on 29/05/2023 at 17:48

I found a small locksmith here (colchester) who does locks, keys and keyfobs., The Kia Venga would cost about £90 including coding to the car (must have both keys there, old and new )and naturally the car., at the Kia dealer about £260.

Worth asking

Honda Jazz - Car FOBS For Honda Jazz - elekie&a/c doctor
Buying a non genuine key for a late car could be a risky business. If something goes wrong with the coding , you could end up with a dead car , with the the electronics corrupt.