What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Tourneo Courier 2023 - daveyK_UK
www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-cars/2023-05/2023-fo.../

Looks promising, think we will swap my partners car for one of these if the test drive is okay.

My only question is - petrol or wait for a year for the electric version?
As we only tend to keep our cars for the duration of the warranty, will the petrol version still retain 50% of its value by the end of 2026 if Labour get into power and push out ULEZ across the country?

I’m having the same conundrum with my next car. I have been close to pulling the trigger on a new Passat for a few months but concerned we may get a sudden influx of anti car and anti petrol car legislation if Labour win which looks likely.
I don’t want to invest in an asset that the next government is going to considerably devalue.

Anyway, back to the Tourneo courier, if anyone gets any info on expected prices for the petrol and electric versions I would be grateful if you can post them here.
I tried calling our local Ford dealer and got put through to a salesman who didn’t have a clue and kept asking if I am entitled to Motability. There are some seriously under trained dealership staff in this world, it’s not a good look when the customer is more on the ball than the brand representatives.
Maybe I will try a different dealership chain today
Ford Tourneo Courier 2023 - Bromptonaut

I like the look but a towing weight of just 1000kg rules it out for me.

Intersted in what you say about ULEZs. Do any of those currently in operation or proposed catch modern petrol engines? I'm not aware of any affecting post 2005 petrols; even the youngest diesels will now be well into the second half of their normal service lives.

Ford Tourneo Courier 2023 - Ian_SW

Nothing proposed, at least publicly, that I'm aware of at the moment.

However, I doubt councils are spending millions installing the enforcement systems just to charge cars which will mostly have been scrapped within a few years anyway.

I suspect at least some of the ULEZ will become ZEZ at some point in the future, and anything other than electric cars will have to pay. Whether that happens in 2, 5, 10 or 20 years is anyone's guess though.

Ford Tourneo Courier 2023 - elekie&a/c doctor
Isn’t this the same as the VW caddy cargo ?
Ford Tourneo Courier 2023 - Adampr

Even if we do end up with a labour government, which is by no means guaranteed, I think they'll have bigger fish to fry than introducing low emissions zones all over the place, then making them as Draconian as possible. To be honest, I was largely under the impression that it was metro mayors that did it anyway.

Ford Tourneo Courier 2023 - Ian_SW

I doubt any scheme would make a car less than about 8 years old unusable as that would be electoral suicide.

Even the London ULEZ which a lot of people are complaining about only applies to vehicles which are more than that age, and then even only some of those.

However, the easiest way to de-risk it would be to lease instead of buying outright if you intend to move the vehicle on in 3 years time. Alternatively, buy something else with a longer warranty, or look at a paid for extended warranty and keep the car longer if its only about the peace of mind rather than always wanting to have a pretty much new car.

Ford Tourneo Courier 2023 - Falkirk Bairn

Glasgow low emissions zone starts 1st June

Petrol cars registered since 2005, diesels need to be 2015 or newer.

If the same pattern were to apply in future tightening of regulations a petrol car might still have a longer life than a diesel - petrol a better buy?

New Glasgow LEZ

Problems facing Glasgow food & drink lorries were in the news - company supplies pubs - ordered new lorries in November 2021 and they are still to be delivered.

Some 700 taxis that cannot be re-engined have been given another 12 months - just kicking the can down the road - shortage of taxis Jun 2024 rather than next week

Ford Tourneo Courier 2023 - badbusdriver

Isn’t this the same as the VW caddy cargo ?

Not according to the article. The (larger) Tourney Connect is the same as the Caddy, but this is smaller and based on the same platform as the Puma.

I was thinking more of the euro 7 coming in 2025; you just know there will be a few mayors trying to out do each other by looking like the pro environmental by banning euro 6 vehicles.
‘Look at my city, we are more pro environmental than you mr city because no one other than the rich can afford a car nor is anyone allowed to drive one for more than 15 minutes’.

Maybe horse breeding and cart manufacturing maybe a growth industry?

Maybe I’m nervous about a Labour government and I need to remember it’s under a conservative government all the current ULEZ has come into place and that all the political class is the problem.
I don’t care for either party, it just concerns me both parties are happy to push out economically damaging policies across the board; if I can avoid suffering from another one in a economically disastrous ULEZ scheme then I will do my best to avoid it.

Ford Tourneo Courier 2023 - Bromptonaut

If the ULEZ removes NOx which has really serious health effects and particulates what's not to like?

It’s another form of taxation

UK gov of all colours have a habit of addiction to raising the tax burden on motoring, this will be the latest excuse

It will penalise the poor more than the rich

Some of the science currently used for existing or proposed ULEZ schemes is not certain

Any attack on mobility and transport is bad for individual liberty, for economic prosperity and for wealth creation.
www.ford.co.uk/owner/your-vehicle/warranties/exten...s

Does anyone have any knowledge of the cost of a Ford manufacturer extended warranty?
Ford Tourneo Courier 2023 - Falkirk Bairn

Ford phone line

tel:02035100062