What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
best options for 4K - tedfud

Hi

What's good, what should I avoid. 3 adults, weekend drives, I am 60 . High mileage BMW, Audi, VW.

many thanks

e

best options for 4K - badbusdriver

Hi

What's good, what should I avoid. 3 adults, weekend drives, I am 60 . High mileage BMW, Audi, VW.

many thanks

e

What should you avoid at £4k?, well BMW Audi and VW (and Mercedes) for a start!

N/A petrol engine, manual gearbox (if poss), no posh badges. Ideally Japanese, Toyota (Corolla/Auris/Avensis), Honda (Civic/Accord), Mazda (3/6).

Also consider Korean options from Kia and Hyundai.

Also look at any petrol Ford Focus apart from the 1.0 Ecoboost (so 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0), and the Mondeo.

But whatever car you are considering, look up the MOT history to get an idea of how well or otherwise it has been looked after.

best options for 4K - Andrew-T

Yes, there's nothing magic about German cars except perhaps the badge and some street cred (perhaps), and possibly an inflated price. Depends what you want your £4K to buy you - cachet, reliability, performance, something to polish at the weekend ....

best options for 4K - Xileno

I would only be looking at condition and history and also private adverts in this price bracket. Pre pandemic there was quite a lot of choice for £4k but not now.