What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Corsa/Fiesta/Clio/208 - Used hatchback recommendations - karen257

I am looking to buy a used car, no older than 2019 plate and probably less than 10k miles and probably under £13k. I currently drive a Peugeot 207 which I've had 7 years but is starting to give me a lot of problems.

Any recommendations for which would be best? I drive around 10k a year. I don't know much about cars so would love to hear your views.

Corsa/Fiesta/Clio/208 - Used hatchback recommendations - daveyK_UK
For your budget you will pick up one of the last of the old shape Corsa models (known as the Corsa E).
They are fairly reliable in petrol form, cheap to insure, cheap to maintain, 99% of mechanics know how to work on them and they are more spacious than the new Corsa.
5 doors hold their value better than 3 doors.
The petrol engines varied but I had a few 1.4 as hire cars and found the engine to be fine.
The last one I had was a 19 plate and it had a car audio screen that mirrored my phone along with heated seats and heated steering wheel, very nice to have in the winter.

The new current Corsa is a rebadged Peugeot 208 but somehow they have made the rear seats even more cramped than the 208.
It has a fantastic 1.2 petrol engine and is a lovely drive but I will be surprised with the car shortages you can pick up a new current shape Corsa for under £10k.

Sorry I misread your earlier post as £10k to spend!

With £13k to spend I would get a brand new Dacia Sandero and extend the warranty to 6 years.

www.dacia.co.uk/warranty-and-assistance/warranty.h...l

A manufacturer backed warranty plus a good car which is really a rebadged Renault Clio/Nissan Micra and some change for under £13k, no brainer.
6 years of hassle free motoring.

The new Sandero looks best in black but that is my opinion, my friend has one in blue and loves that colour.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 03/04/2022 at 19:33

Corsa/Fiesta/Clio/208 - Used hatchback recommendations - badbusdriver

This brand new Kia Rio (on Autotrader) comes as standard with a 7 year warranty. Use your 207 as scrappage and it can be yours for under £12.5k.

If you can manage with a smaller car, the Kia Picanto is starting off under £10k (including scrappage), also with 7 year warranty,

Kia Rio is a good shout
Corsa/Fiesta/Clio/208 - Used hatchback recommendations - karen257

Thanks for you reply, I hadn't considered a new car but will definitely have a look at these now