What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Hyundai i10 - i10 Courtesy Car - Hy Sid

Recently had our car in for service and was given a 22 reg 50 mile old Hyundai i10 N Line turbo as the courtesy car. Only did 20-30 miles or so in it, but some quick thoughts.....

Noisy, too firm riding, not great driving position (not reach adjustment on steering wheel), difficult to get first to second gear change smooth. Engine perhaps a bit OTT for a small city car. But....

A fabulous little car. Engine a bit OTT for a small city car, but not so powerful that you couldn't enjoy it. So that's what I did. It handled really well, went really well, had a surprising amount of space in it. And generally brought a smile to my face. A small car with good handling and enough power to be fun, but not intimidating and who cares about the rest. Would have happily driven it much further, preferably on an interesting road.

The joy of a nice hire car!

Hyundai i10 - i10 Courtesy Car - badbusdriver

Noisy, too firm riding

As is often the case, you can only get the more powerful engine with sportier N Line trim, which brings lower profile tyres on larger diameter wheels and in some cases (not sure here) lower and/or stiffer suspension. Be nice to have the option of that engine with non sporty trim!.

Engine a bit OTT for a small city car, but not so powerful that you couldn't enjoy it.

Surely a contradiction?

Hyundai i10 - i10 Courtesy Car - Hy Sid

Yes, absolutely a contradiction. But more than what you really need is sometimes rather nice!