What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - Trilogy.

Inspired by the SLO one.

Make mine a 5 seater. If I could afford one of these I'd sell the van and car.

All the car I'd need. www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/dacia/jogger

Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - daveyK_UK
I’m still 50/50 about ordering one.

My main hesitation is not having one to see in the flesh at the dealers and potentially test drive.
I don’t like spending big sums without being comfortable and not being able to sit in it and have a good look around.

My local Dacia sales guy is good and has told me as much info as he can obtain from the Renault/Dacia portal.

To get the free year servicing you must pre order before the end of March.
Demonstrators will be with dealers from April
UK builds arrive June.

Currently 3 trim levels all with 7 seats.
A mid trim 5 seater will also be sold by the end of the year which he thinks will make it the biggest estate car boot on the market and highly popular with the private hire trade.
The hybrid won’t be in the UK until 3rd quarter 2023.
No news on an electric
No news of a commercial version but there is talk as per what they have done with the Duster
No news on manufacturer PCP deals and what the retention figures look like.

Spare wheel option at £150

As per all Dacia cars the warranty can be extended 4, 5 or 6 years.
A few different service plans, the stand out plan was 3 services for £399.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 09/02/2022 at 13:45

Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - Brit_in_Germany

The German ADAC review says teh seats were taken from the Sandero.

Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - SLO76
I really like the look of these, I fully believe Dacia have a hit on their hands and these will sell very well indeed. But I’m not confident in Renaults ability to build small capacity turbocharged engines which are robust. All their recent previous gen attempts 0.9 and 1.2 TCe’s have proven to be very fragile as they age and the latest 1.0 is as yet untested. I’d have one new but for now I wouldn’t buy a used one when they become available without an extended manufacturer warranty. I also believe a 1.5 diesel option would sell well with taxi fleets if they can get it through current emissions regs ok. The 1.0 won’t be an option for most of them, nor do I think it would stand up to it.

Edited by SLO76 on 09/02/2022 at 15:47

Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - Alby Back
A diesel with a “proper” automatic box would be spot on for me in truth.

Perfect as a cheap works van/mountain bike shifter.

But I wouldn’t want one with that not-very-powerful-and-not-very-frugal engine and a manual box.
Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - Sofa Spud

Overall the styling isn't bad but why the small deliberate mis-match of the front and rear door tops? It's not big enough to be a styling feature but it's big enough to be noticeable.

Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - Trilogy.

The mis-match isn't an issue for me, doubt it would for many others. Good to see the door mirror in black, just as they should be.

Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - Chris M

Because it's a cut and shut. Front end (B pillar forward) is Sandero. Rear isn't. I like the look of the latest Sandero, but the rear end of this thing, less so.

Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - Xileno

I was thinking along the same lines due to using as much of what is already in the Dacia parts bin. A bit like the old Volvo 240 estate rear doors that had a curved top as those were from the saloon. The Jogger looks quite good but needs a diesel.

Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - badbusdriver

A bit like the old Volvo 240 estate rear doors that had a curved top as those were from the saloon.

Speaking of Volvo, I'm getting some deja vu looking at those rear lights!.

Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - Zippy123

16 years ago we purchased a new 05 reg VW Touran for £13,500.

Now with car inflation you won't get much change from £26,500.

The Jogger is similar and I wonder if this is the route Skoda should have taken.

Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - Terry W

Car companies often depart from their original USP with mixed fortunes. There are always opportunities just above or just below their current offering which they try to exploit.

Skoda - initially value for money brand. Started moving up market to compete in mainstream volume markets. Now fully mid market and barely differentiated from VW.

Mercedes - high quality high, cost, premium motors. Thought they could develop a quality small car niche. Other manufacturers on the way up made their life difficult - Original A and B class never really cut it!

BMW - sporty machines. Now have 1 series + some which won't blow the froth of a pint.

Some have stuck firmly to their roots - there are no cheap RR, Bentley, Ferrari, Porsche - their economy ranges are still £50k ++

Some started cheap with a deliberate intention of growing market share and going up market - mainly Japanese/Asian.

It remains to be seen whether Dacia have the disciplineto continue the low price/no frills policy or whether they succumb to the temptation to widen their appeal. The "prestige" end of their line suggests they will follow Skoda!!

Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - alan1302

The Jogger is similar and I wonder if this is the route Skoda should have taken.

I always think it's a shame they went more up-market - would have been nice to have a lower cost option from the VW group

Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - daveyK_UK
I doubt there will be a diesel version, they diesel demand in the UK is declining.

The hybrid version will be popular with the taxi trade especially as it will be linked to an auto box.

Dacia Jogger - All the car you need new in 2022 - Engineer Andy

Inspired by the SLO one.

Make mine a 5 seater. If I could afford one of these I'd sell the van and car.

All the car I'd need. www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/dacia/jogger

Careful - you might give ORB ideas of changing his car again... :-)